Fly Screen

The 3 1/2 forum
funsize

Fly Screen

Post by funsize »

Evening!
I’ve trawled through the search thingie but still can’t establish a good source for a fly screen for my 1980 Strada. Some folk say Dart & they do look good (though pricey), but as -understandably- nobody offers a specific fitment I’m sure there’s some universal ones that fit to the headlight brackets or similar. I’m more wanting one for covering the clocks area rather than wind protection, though it would be appreciated if it did, also be nice if it looked good 😊
Fastmongrel

Re: Fly Screen

Post by Fastmongrel »

I have searched for the same thing I haven't bought one yet but this looks like it is decent quality
https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_Ro ... #aCOL35234
1981 3 1/2 Strada
funsize

Post by funsize »

Thanks,I hear MRA are good quality I’ll take a look; anyone know of any others?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Search Puig screens. Tried Givi? There used to be a Guzzi Le Man's Mk1 screen available, too.
funsize

Post by funsize »

Thanks Mickey, Givi/Kappa do but not quite suitable fit-wise. Puig I’m looking into and the Le Mans Mk1 recommendation is interesting thanks!
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I keep looking for photos to Jo avail. NLM used to sell them.

For Puig try Pyramid Plastics, they are at Gainsborough so not far from you.
funsize

Post by funsize »

Yes worth a look. Frustrating because it would be good-if unlikely- if someone had an actual picture of one from something that fitted and looked good, it’s no biggie but when I do settle on something I’ll post it so people can either go, ‘mmm that’s nice’ or ‘what was he thinking?’ :lol:
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

I used a plain, clear Givi on mine, no trouble. Maybe they've changed their offerings since then.
MRC 3082½
funsize

Post by funsize »

Thanks for that-I’ve looked but the ones I’ve seen appear to need cutting etc which could be done, but as our bikes’ seem fairly conventional around the headlight area I’m hoping to find one that doesn’t. Long shot but if you’ve kept the Givi number that would be awesome 🤩
Ming

Post by Ming »

Hi, I have a Puig flyscreen fitted to a little Yamaha 250 which I find effective. The Yam headlight is 18cm OD, the screen 22cm at the mount points. It fits via the two headlamp mounting bolts. It's easy to fit, but be careful to ensure all mounting holes (for reinforcing plates and headlamp) are free and well aligned, to ensure no stress on the plastic. It's Type Number is KBA38188.
IMG_1906.JPEG
IMG_1906.JPEG (122.45 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
IMG_1905.JPEG
IMG_1905.JPEG (130.02 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
funsize

Post by funsize »

Thanks very much for these I’ll certainly look into this. Was going onto Puig screens next as their range is so big. A light tint would be nice but I’ll not get too excited just yet…😉
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

funsize wrote: 02 Sep 2023 06:26 Thanks for that-I’ve looked but the ones I’ve seen appear to need cutting etc which could be done, but as our bikes’ seem fairly conventional around the headlight area I’m hoping to find one that doesn’t. Long shot but if you’ve kept the Givi number that would be awesome 🤩
I might be able to find out - but that Puig looks *exactly* the same as my old one. I mean, exactly, down to the type of bolts I can see!
MRC 3082½
funsize

Post by funsize »

Good news, I’m on the Puig trail now..!
funsize

Post by funsize »

I’ve ordered that Puig one as fitted to the Yam, I also reckon if Daddy Dom thinks it’s exactly the job, well that’s good enough for me! Be 2-3 weeks as none in the country at present but I’ll report back when it materialises 👍