Missing fork circlip dimensions

The 3 1/2 forum
RobinSF1

Missing fork circlip dimensions

Post by RobinSF1 »

Just changed front tyre and fork oil and the slider came off one fork leg without undoing the screw. Upon inspection I found a circlip loose in the bottom of the slider and managed to retrieve it. It appears too big for the stanchion. Does anyone know what dimensions the circlip should be?

Mdina don't list them, whilst I could try getting a few different sizes from Simply Bearings and seeing what fits. It would be good to know what size the circlip should be.

Cross posted in the 500 forum

Thanks Robin
3potjohn

Re: Missing fork circlip dimensions

Post by 3potjohn »

Was the other circlip correctly located and are they they of an identical size? I could not see a spec though the pn is 42.08.24
RobinSF1

Re: Missing fork circlip dimensions

Post by RobinSF1 »

I did exactly that this morning. The other fork circlip was a tad smaller, 31.66 X 1.1mm. Managed to pick up one that fits after rummaging through a local engineers circlip box.

The large circlip may have been imperial, I've already discovered BA screws on the light switch!

As a bit of lateral thinking, it occurred to me that quite a few dirt bikes from the same era used marzocchi or ceriani forks and I found that swm moto sell 35mm marzo damper circlips. I ordered a pair last night in case I couldn't find anything suitable from local engineering suppliers. I will measure those and report back.