Downpipes for a Strada

The 3 1/2 forum
funsize

Downpipes for a Strada

Post by funsize »

Evening all
I’ve noticed some rotting on one downpipe and my near side heat shield threads are stripped so I’m considering a new set of stainless. I’ve seen the Armour products and they look fine, are there others I should consider and how many gaskets need replacing (if that’s not too obvious!)?
TIA, Steve.
Al Limite

Re: Downpipes for a Strada

Post by Al Limite »

My Sport came with Armour SS system fitted. They produce a less 'bright' exhaust note to standard pipes and obviously being stainless are not as shiny as the originals. The only gaskets, as per the originals, are between downpipes and exhaust ports on the cylinder heads. I believe a forum search will reveal previous threads on exhaust options.
Armour being a Dorset UK company will have the benefit of eliminating the post Brexit additional import taxes and handling costs.
Please update us on your choice and subsequent fitting.
funsize

Post by funsize »

Thanks for the reply, unless there’s going to be other replies with suggestions I agree with you and being British without the uncertainty of import duties etc it’s a no-brainer. I was a little confused about the diameter at the ports but I know my bike has collets so it’ll be the 32mm set, strange how they say these are for the early models, mine’s a 79/80 with alloy wheels/front disc, towards the later end I’d say :)
norbert

Post by norbert »

There are different types of collets.
funsize

Post by funsize »

Thanks Norbert, any ideas how I can differentiate, don’t want to order the wrong set!