Early 350 sport Road test

The 3 1/2 forum
teenybop1

Early 350 sport Road test

Post by teenybop1 »

Following a house move I was instructed /forced to get rid of my vast collection of motor cycle magazines, all carefully stored from the early 70s.
Im now trying to see if my memory is playing tricks on me.
Does anyone remember the road test in Bike magazine, the cover read La dolce vita,, im sure it was written by Mark Williams, seem to remember he was standing outside a cafe looking lovingly at the bike. I'm trying to get all the old road tests back again. That road test was the reason I bought my 1st morini. I would love a copy of the test or even just a pic of the cover, cheers Peter.
Steve Brown

Re: Early 350 sport Road test

Post by Steve Brown »

Yes, I remember that issue and was similarly influenced by it. You're correct about the author and the moody pic outside a spaghetti joint too.
There were lines like 'who needs a basin full of busted main bearings? Not this kid!' When talking about the cold start revving with both chokes on. Yes, I was an impressionable teenager still in 1974/5.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

In your extensive collection is there a copy of MCI from 1977 with a test and pictures of a disc brake model taken outside Morphy Motors of Long Marston near Tring?
If so that's my bike in the pics. Another influential test for me and I bought it without realising the bike and location for a month or two. I had a copy for decades but that went in a house move ag some point too. :-(
teenybop1

Post by teenybop1 »

Hi Steve thanks for getting back to me, I had every copy of Bike, Superbike, Motorcycle mechanics etc,, all perfect and stored in very large cardboard boxes. When I was told they would not be moving with us, I tried selling them all for a pittance £50or so, no takers, then tried to give them away, all I got was folk asking for individual copies, In the end they were dumped, I've since spent good money trying to replace mags with road tests of morini and honda 400/4s,,each time I get one it gives me great joy to tell the Mrs (see what I could have saved if you hadn't made me dump my precious collection) lol.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

A familiar tale, sadly. My collection was never so complete or wide ranging, nor even organised but I've lost some good and significant to me issues.
teenybop1

Post by teenybop1 »

If anyone has a copy of the road test, the magazine or even just a screenshot of the cover, im happy to cover any cost, just seeing the cover would be great, it changed my whole outlook, and I've loved the 350 morini since reading that issue, Cheers guys.
norbert

Post by norbert »

I have a black paperback book (Mick Walker?) with a lot of reprints from Morini articles and test of britisch motocycle magazines. And I´m allmost sure that there was title like "La dolce vita". The problem is that it´s not there, where it should be, on the shelf with the rest of my Morini literature :roll:

I´ll keep on seeking :wink:
teenybop1

Post by teenybop1 »

Thank you, I would really appreciate it, I've tried Bike back issues etc, but no joy. 1 think the issue was around 1976/78 period, took me till 82 before I finally got the buy my bike, by then the drum brake had been dropped, but I loved that bike.
norbert

Post by norbert »

I´ve found the book but I was wrong the article La dolce vita isn´t there, must have seen it anywhere else.

It´s a Brooklands Books edition, compiled by R. M. Clarke that probably some of you should have on the shelf. ISBN: 1 85520 5688
k-20220328_151014.jpg
k-20220328_151014.jpg (159.51 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
k-20220328_151032.jpg
k-20220328_151032.jpg (113.66 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

teenybop1 wrote: 28 Mar 2022 08:26 Thank you, I would really appreciate it, I've tried Bike back issues etc, but no joy. 1 think the issue was around 1976/78 period, took me till 82 before I finally got the buy my bike, by then the drum brake had been dropped, but I loved that bike.
I think it was more like 1974/5 that issue was printed! Anyway, while I was out at work today some good news arrived in the form of an email from another member-Jenny Westwood. Not only does she remember the article she has a copy still and sent me the photographs to prove it!
She is happy for me to forward her email or put you in direct contact with her. If that is any help then send me your email in a private message and I'll do the necessary. Jenny isn't able to log in to the forum at the moment so can't post the pics here-and I have not been able to work out how to post the pics either!
Now then, who has that MCI article/mag from 1977???
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Have you tried searching for it on eBay? I must admit, I tend to use eBay as a way of finding Bike mag road tests in my own collection. Search for what I'm looking for to find the date then see if I have it!
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Vitesse wrote: 28 Mar 2022 20:50 Have you tried searching for it on eBay? I must admit, I tend to use eBay as a way of finding Bike mag road tests in my own collection. Search for what I'm looking for to find the date then see if I have it!
I tried that a couple of times a while ago without any luck. I may give it another go soon. Busy with other stuff at the moment, some of it even bike fixing related!
teenybop1

Post by teenybop1 »

Vitesse wrote: 28 Mar 2022 20:50 Have you tried searching for it on eBay? I must admit, I tend to use eBay as a way of finding Bike mag road tests in my own collection. Search for what I'm looking for to find the date then see if I have it!
Yes ive spent many many hours trawling ebay, old magazine sellers, stalls at auto jumbles, etc
I was beginning to wonder if I was wrong about the test.
I went through the full list kindly posted yesterday online till I couldn't focus on the screen.thankfully I'm in lockdown due to covid so I had peace and no complaints about not helping with work around the house or grandkids lol, I wouldn't complain if my isolation was stretched to 3weeks lol. Thanks again to everyone, really helped passing the last couple of days.,
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Have you contacted Bauer Media to see if they can supply a copy?
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

teenybop1 wrote: 29 Mar 2022 05:13 . . . thankfully I'm in lockdown due to covid so I had peace and no complaints about not helping with work around the house or grandkids lol, I wouldn't complain if my isolation was stretched to 3weeks lol.
You wouldn't be the first person to red pen an LFT or "accidentally" mis-report a result.