Rear caliper seals k1 k2

The 3 1/2 forum
morini_tom

Rear caliper seals k1 k2

Post by morini_tom »

Has anyone found a decent UK source of rear caliper seals?

Mdina are out of stock and I’d like to get the bubbling rear caliper on my k1 rebuilt before it’s on the club stand at Shepton mallet.

Piston diameter looks to be 32mm although I don’t want to strip the caliper until I know I can get new seals so I am not 100% sure what I actually need.

The Ariete catalogue lists 12865PI for the K2 but can’t find anywhere in the UK who stock them. There are a couple of places on eBay Italy but I was hoping to avoid long shipping times and expensive import.

There are numerous scooter shops selling cheap overhaul kits for 32x16mm pistons but the pistons all seem to look steeped for a dust seal which doesn’t look like what I’ve got (I don’t think). Plus with brakes, cheap is not best.

Any recommendations gratefully received.
MickeyMoto

Re: Rear caliper seals k1 k2

Post by MickeyMoto »

Tom, give Mdina a call. They are out of stock but the part number is M128605.

Maybe Doug will know where stock can be obtained?
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Thanks Mike,

Appreciate you confirming the part number- that is what I had tried to order from Mdina so glad I was at least trying to buy the right thing!

Have been in touch with Doug, he’s a fabulously helpful chap and I always prefer to put my business Mdina’s way where possible.

Doug will be getting more stock in shortly so I am sure supply will be resumed soon, however my bike is due to be on the club stand at Shepton mallet in 4 weekends time, 3 of which I’m busy on, so I have very limited time to get it rebuilt and bled, and was hoping for a quicker route this time round
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I refreshed all my brake fluids yesterday except the car, at the moment my K rear is OK but at some stage no doubt I will need some.What about the piston or pistons? Luckily I only know about ATE swinging calipers ( or perhaps this is unluckily given the stopping effect) but I can get rebuild kits for those.
Aiming to get to Shepton on Saturday but in the aforementioned car.
John
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Panic over, Back in stock at Mdina already. Great service from Doug again 👍