special tool MOR-T4

The 3 1/2 forum
Oli Hulme

special tool MOR-T4

Post by Oli Hulme »

My old Harglo manual says that I should always use something called Special Tool Mor-T4 to get the camshaft drive gear off.
Can anyone advise what it looks like, where I might get one, or what I could use instead?

Cheers!
3potjohn

Re: special tool MOR-T4

Post by 3potjohn »

I think there are details on the members pages, or look at hofman-andi.de
I cannot fabricate much due to lack of metal working facilities but have found you can easily make such tools out of wood. A central hole to take a socket and two smaller ones with a nut and bolt in each generally does the trick. I haven’t got one for this application but have had the motor apart so guess I held it somehow.
Someone may have one you can borrow.
Good luck
John
70sbikes

Post by 70sbikes »

http://www.ralphrestorations.co.uk/view.asp?g=68

I just received some of Tim's tools in the mail. Very high quality and weighty! I couldn't help myself and nipped out to the garage to remove the left hand pinion. What a doddle with the right tool!

Trevor
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

3potjohn wrote: 27 Jul 2021 15:21
I cannot fabricate much due to lack of metal working facilities but have found you can easily make such tools out of wood...
John
I tried that, wooden work. I tried a hardwood, but balsa didn't do it...
harrymuffin

Post by harrymuffin »

This is the tool I made to remove the camshaft pulley. The outer bolts are allen bolts 10mm and 70mm between centres, they are not screwed into the bar which you can make from whatever you have handy eg 10 x 25. The 'caps' are reduced in height to allow to fit behind the pulley 5mm and are then reduced on one side to actual bolt diameter, this is to allow the puller to be slipped over the pulley as the outside diameter of the pulley is 60mm. Once slipped onto the pulley rotate the 2 allen bolts through 180deg which will then locate at the back of the pulley and by using the central bolt the pulley can then be jacked off, they are held on aa taper so not difficult to remove.
Can't get the photo to load, if you send me your email I will then send you a photo of the tool that you need and is described above.
Oli Hulme

Post by Oli Hulme »

Thanks for the offer Harry, it sounds like i did the same thing in the end! I just stared at the thing for ages, tried and failed several times, then rummaged around in a box of triumph bits and found half a two legged puller which I attached two 8mm bolts and washers to on either end. It did work, to my enormous surprise.