sidepanel and tank vibration

The 3 1/2 forum
2htleads

sidepanel and tank vibration

Post by 2htleads »

Hi, this may have been covered before, but if anyone is interested. I was getting loads of vibration noise from the side panels as the top rubbers were missing, the nl club have replacements. As an electrician I thought grommets and maplins sell 6mm internal diameter open grommets that fit perfectly, £1.38ish for ten. The tank is another problem and at the moment I am using foam pipe lagging with a couple of cable ties to stop the tank rattling against the frame, it works but after a while the foam compresses, so not permanent, but you get to hear the engine and exhaust note without loads of vibration noise.
everything works, eventually.
George 350

Tank Mounting

Post by George 350 »

The original factory rear mount was a rectangular piece of grey foam rubber about 150 x 100mm, and about 10mm thick, casually draped across the frame in the area where the tank was most likely to contact the frame.
This disintegrated with time and left a sticky grey mess on the frame tubes and underside of the tank.
I replaced it with 'proper' tank-frame rubbers, similar to the ones shown in catalogue from Unuty Equipe. (http://www.unityequipe.com/CatalogueMarch2008.pdf) - The mount is shown at the bottom of page 2, part number UNA7A.

I have no idea whether these particular ones are large/solid enough to give frame-tank clearance with a full tank or not, but since fitting this type I haven't had any issues with the tank vibrating.
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
moriniuk

Post by moriniuk »

They are the ones I use too. They have worked perfectly.
2htleads

vibrations

Post by 2htleads »

Hi, thanks for that they look similar to the ones fitted to centre bolt tank mount beezers. I will them a ring, they must have moved from Rochdale, but then its about 20 years since I went there last. Todmorden is just over a couple of hills from me. nlm next for swinging arm bushes, cheers, tony.
everything works, eventually.