Rear tyre

The 3 1/2 forum
Syko

Rear tyre

Post by Syko »

What would be your (rear) tyre of choice?
Brand, model & size?
TIA for your help :D
Daddy Dom

Re: Rear tyre

Post by Daddy Dom »

The size is a simple thing to find using the forum's search function (meaning I can't remember offhand), there are many informative debates/conversations that you might want to check out.

I just fitted a new set of Bridgestone BT46s, my third set of Bridgestones, and I love them. Others prefer Avon, some go for other brands.

You'll find a consensus in the threads and can make your own call based on which country you live in and what's available.
DD
MRC 3082½
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Used to use BT45 but now use Avon Roadriders.
Nothing useful with regard to difference in performance to add. Just for normal road use, if roads around Devon are considered normal.
John
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

John I can confirm that roads in Devon are not normal.
Roads do not normally have grass growing in the middle.
Roads do not normally go through someone's yard via the cowshed and out the other side.
Roads normally at least make a pretence of going somewhere.
Roads are normally better made than my driveway.
We nearly went up someone's driveway rather than take the swamp which was actually the road.
Can't wait to be down your way again :D
Mark
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

There are some advantages, it is all downhill for everyone on the correct side of the Tamar and if wanting to risk crossing said interface of an evening you just follow the sun.
I think the Cornish roads are probably better.
John
Syko

Post by Syko »

I love both Devon and Cornwall and have travelled many of those 'roads' in my camper in search of waves. As I am on the Eastern seaboard it is unlikely I will get to enjoy them on the Morini.
I have chosen a Metzler to match the good front tyre on the bike. Suck it and see, I guess
Syko

Post by Syko »

Me77 Perfect arrived after a protracted wait. Came from Germany and was (Brexit) delayed at Customs. Fitted to the rim and onto the bike in an afternoon ( an involved process!). It has rained every day since, so I have not test ridden the set up yet. Watch this space for feedback :D