K2 Information

The 3 1/2 forum
Arthur Farrow

K2 Information

Post by Arthur Farrow »

Anybody got a K2 wiring diagram please . Just bought a bike running at a fair price but the electrics are an absolute disgrace. Never seen anything like it in 45 years a Morini owner.

The fuse box backing plate was in a box and the fuse box wrapped in duct tape and just bunged in the side cover. Regulator covered in tape as well just lobbed loosed behind battery. Looks like the coils under the tank are mounted in cable ties.

I'm looking for a few bits too. Rear mudguard, brake lever, breather box or what have you !!

Cheers
God save the King (& my pistons)

ARTHUR

0771 007 8586
Steve Brown

Re: K2 Information

Post by Steve Brown »

Good luck with the rewire then Arthur! I can't help with the diagram but I do have one of those plastic breather boxes looking for a new position. Oh and an untested reg/rec, nothing else K2 specific.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Arthur Farrow

Post by Arthur Farrow »

Would be good to have the breather box Steve. Contact me on arthurwfarrow@hotmail.com and tell me how i can persuade you to give it up!!

The bike is showing signs of being very oily breathers been puking everywhere . No labyrinth in the main breather and whilst i am no fan for sure of the breather boxes I'm all for a clean life (old git my dirty days are over I think- but don't tell my son)

BTW can we post pictures to this forum ???

ARTHUR

0771 007 8586
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Yes, pictures can be posted here but I found it a bit too testing for this luddite. If you knew who the webmaster was maybe he could tell you?
We'll work out a plan for the breather box-I see your new project has no breather labyrinth, but do you have one to spare? If so it would suit my project bike much more than the breather box...
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

And your new bike is maybe messy because it has no breather control???
Ming

Post by Ming »

Hello Arthur, I have a K2 Sport, which came with an owners manual (in Italian). I can scan the wiring diagram if that is of use - or even the whole manual.
I also have an untested regulator, but no breather box.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Arthur Farrow wrote:Would be good to have the breather box Steve. Contact me on arthurwfarrow@hotmail.com and tell me how i can persuade you to give it up!!

The bike is showing signs of being very oily breathers been puking everywhere . No labyrinth in the main breather and whilst i am no fan for sure of the breather boxes I'm all for a clean life (old git my dirty days are over I think- but don't tell my son)

BTW can we post pictures to this forum ???
I only had my K2 for a short while and never any specific literature.

Pictures can be posted using the 'Upload attachment' tab below the post. Constrained on image file size so you may have to reduce that first.
Later versions of phpBB (currently 3.3.3) handle photos better with 'drag and drop' functionality and resize on upload ability (up to a point).
Looking after the VMCC forum site has taught me a lot a about the nuts and bolts of phpBB ;)

Proof !
K2_Shuttle.jpg.jpg
K2_Shuttle.jpg.jpg (114.31 KiB) Viewed 6642 times
hendre

Post by hendre »

I must have a rear mudguard but since Brexit is is quite a pain to ship stuff across the Northsea...
I will have a look for it and other stuff you need
Arthur Farrow

Post by Arthur Farrow »

Going well with the K2 restoration, but what an utter disgrace the wiring bodges are. Most of it is fine all original and nice but wherever the previous owner went he bodged BADLY. However now on right tract.

I was missing an idiot bulb holder 286 ...but now ordered one for Land Rover veglia speedo fitment. Looks v similar with "lucar" style terminals.

My K2 seem never to have had a breather box so I'm just exiting to atmosphere using of course an appropriate labyrinth in the CC breather.

2 questions for K2 owners please

Anybody got a spare fuel tank cap...even one without a key???????

Could somebody send me a picture of the fixing arrangement of the plastic cover over the top yoke. My bike was modified to take Strada top yoke and bars. I have the original parts and want to change back . I don't have any screws bolts etc and am puzzled by fitment which must go through instrument mounts

arthurwfarrow@hotmail.com

ARTHUR

0771 007 8586
simonnorthroad

Post by simonnorthroad »

Have alerted my mate who bought my K2 then customised it. he may have the parts you need
Arthur Farrow

Post by Arthur Farrow »

If he was the person that customised my bike, then the Mafia will be onto him. I'm de customising it and fixing the bodges.

ARTHUR

0771 007 8586
Richard

Post by Richard »

Re plastic cover, the fixing screws go into pillars attached to the yoke. Never put photos up on website, but if desperate then let me know and I will take photo and have a go at posting!
Arthur Farrow

Post by Arthur Farrow »

Thanks Richard

A photo posted to arthurwfarrow@hotmail.com would solve my problem I hope

Suspected they were pillars of some sort

:D

ARTHUR

0771 007 8586
Richard

Post by Richard »

OK, will send photos and details asap.
Is the yoke threaded in line with the instrument mountings? If so, M6?
Arthur Farrow

Post by Arthur Farrow »

My yoke is threaded in line but it is M8. The hole in the plastic cover is much smaller so I am envisaging a pillar with a M8 bolt thread one end and an M6 or maybe M5 threaded hole in the other end

Dimensions would be good

Cheers will await you pictures with glee :D

ARTHUR

0771 007 8586