1981 250 2C?

The 3 1/2 forum
Onecos

1981 250 2C?

Post by Onecos »

I've finally received the paperwork on this bike. First sold 11/18/1980. I was pleasently surprised to find that the registration was only 1 year late. Here in Hawaii the new owner must pay the back registration due before a new registration will be issued. At $65.50 per year, this can get expensive.

The bike won't idle. I have rode it across the island a couple times. The ride is 17 miles at full throttle. Interestingly, this is the smallest displacement motorcycle I've ridden in 30 years! About 20 years ago, I played with some Yamaha RD350LC's. Since then it has been my Laverda's and a Buell Blast.... You have to downshift to keep the speed up hill!! I was riding with some Harleys and they left me behind going up the hill. Guess I need to learn about riding smaller displacement motorcycles again!

I'm thinking that the carburators will clean themselves out with a little use. The bike wouldn't run until I cleaned the carbs. I think there's a little more gunk in them. Hope to have a motorcycle that will idle in a couple weeks.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Aloha
hendre

Post by hendre »

maybe balacing the carbs will help getting things straight...
boris tarpit

Post by boris tarpit »

Have a look at this thread Onecos, ti's a similar problem. . .

viewtopic.php?t=307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

}<{("<~
No man is an island - except for the Isle of Man.