Nuovaray ignition parts

The 3 1/2 forum
AndyB57

Nuovaray ignition parts

Post by AndyB57 »

My search for transducers with the connection for the tacho continues....

Has anybody had any joy recently contacting Nuovaray in Italy? I've tried sending a few messages to them but no responses so far. From their website it seems they are still in business.
MickeyMoto

Re: Nuovaray ignition parts

Post by MickeyMoto »

Probably on holiday until September!
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

MickeyMoto wrote:Probably on holiday until September!
Quite possibly! I'll be patient for another 2 or 3 weeks......
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Andy,
Ferragosto (assumption) is 15th August.
Leave it two weeks as Mike says.
Mark
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

Thanks Mark, I should have twigged what was going on!
park3164

Post by park3164 »

Hi Andy,
I too have been trying to contact Nuovaray about Morini 350 replacement transducers, and have been told by someone else in Italy the holidays are until the end of August. I hope they will be contactable after then.....
Cheers,
Fiona 1986 K2 350cc
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

park3164 wrote:Hi Andy,
I too have been trying to contact Nuovaray about Morini 350 replacement transducers, and have been told by someone else in Italy the holidays are until the end of August. I hope they will be contactable after then.....
Cheers,
Fiona 1986 K2 350cc
I'll let you know when I get a response.....
park3164

Post by park3164 »

Hi Andy. Someone in Italy has now been able to contact Nuovaray for me after the holiday closure, and they do still sell their transducers.
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

park3164 wrote:Hi Andy. Someone in Italy has now been able to contact Nuovaray for me after the holiday closure, and they do still sell their transducers.
Sorry, I've only just noticed your latest message..... Thanks for the update, have you taken the plunge yet??
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Is there any advantage with the Nuovaray parts? More advance or anything like that?
I fairly recently fitted a pair of the transducers for Piaggio scooters from an online shop called Beedspeed to my Kanguro X. The number is almost identical to the first type Ducati transducers with just one extra digit. They have the larger ignition coil like the 3rd series units and they have a really good spark.
This bike now starts really easily and runs beautifully too. At only £30 odd they are a bargain. Advance looks fine on the strobe check too. If you use these with the black type pick up you need to add a diode into the pick up leads but that's all.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

Steve Brown wrote:Is there any advantage with the Nuovaray parts? More advance or anything like that?
I fairly recently fitted a pair of the transducers for Piaggio scooters from an online shop called Beedspeed to my Kanguro X. The number is almost identical to the first type Ducati transducers with just one extra digit. They have the larger ignition coil like the 3rd series units and they have a really good spark.
This bike now starts really easily and runs beautifully too. At only £30 odd they are a bargain. Advance looks fine on the strobe check too. If you use these with the black type pick up you need to add a diode into the pick up leads but that's all.
Steve - I have no idea of the cost of the Nuovaray coils but I also want the connection for my rev counter which the Piaggio items don't have. So my first task is to find out how much.....
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Steve - I have no idea of the cost of the Nuovaray coils but I also want the connection for my rev counter which the Piaggio items don't have. So my first task is to find out how much.....[/quote]

Ahh yes-understand. My 76 Sport has never had a tacho that worked and I gave up trying years ago. It does occasionally annoy me still and I will one day try to get one of those add-on circuits that will allow my (when it gets repaired) tacho to be used again. It's taking me years to do that though..
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
park3164

Post by park3164 »

Sorry, I've only just noticed your latest message..... Thanks for the update, have you taken the plunge yet??[/quote]
Hi Andy. The Nuovaray are 80 euro each, 160 the pair. They don't have a connection for the electronic tacho, but have 2 versions - one for the black pickup (so you don't need add a diode to the pickup lead), or one for the red pickup. Apparently should be exact replacement for the originals otherwise.
Fiona
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

park3164 wrote:Sorry, I've only just noticed your latest message..... Thanks for the update, have you taken the plunge yet??
Hi Andy. The Nuovaray are 80 euro each, 160 the pair. They don't have a connection for the electronic tacho, but have 2 versions - one for the black pickup (so you don't need add a diode to the pickup lead), or one for the red pickup. Apparently should be exact replacement for the originals otherwise.
Fiona[/quote]
Thank you, I'll follow up with them. Hope all goes well when you fit yours.
George 350

Post by George 350 »

"They don't have a connection for the electronic tacho"
NLM used to sell an item they called a "widget" to make the electronic tacho work with the signal-less ignition boxes. I checked the Mdina site and nothing comes up under that name.
Does anyone know what it contained/how it worked/ have a circuit diagram? Could be a big help to anyone wanting to go the Nuovoray (or "Vespa") route for the ignition units.

Regards,
George
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019