about 7 miles!

The 3 1/2 forum
3narf

Post by 3narf »

dunk 1 wrote:thanks that makes perfect sense -and i get a cold reading of 200 - still remains to be seen what is happening when I lose that cylinder.- still could do with a recommendation on brake fluid
thanks -Duncan
I think all older bikes need a dot3, don't they?
dunk 1

Post by dunk 1 »

i thought i had a solution but nothing is that simple- the resistance reading was still over 200 when the cylinder went off so no luck there. however messing with electrics i got the electric tap working and first ride after that got around 20 miles with no problem. then it went back onto one -i refilled the tank and back onto two- my concusion was that somehow the reserve tap was not feeding the front cylinder properly and i was getting a bowl full of fuels distance before it cut out. However couldn't work out why as fuel is appears at the electric tap end of the pipe work when it is removed and the reserve tap is turned on ie fuel seems to be passing through the whole fuel line system. even more of a why? is that the electric tap although clicking seems to have stopped putting fuel through - i assume it should do this as soon as it clicks and i am back to seven miles again- but why shouldn't the system work fine off just the reserve tap. some how fuel doesn't seem to be getting into the carb- remember i swapped them over and the problem stayed on trhe front cylinder- should I remove the gauzes in the carb fuel splitters to see if that allows clearer flow- any other ideas?
dunk