It's been a while...

The 3 1/2 forum
3narf

Post by 3narf »

Really Aardvark wrote: Any chance you could let me know what size jets, needle, atomizer you have in your 26mm carbs?
Mains are 118, starters are 50, slides 40 I think. I'll have a check when I get home on Weds what the rest are (I used to know all this stuff off pat)! Airbox and filters are standard.
Jem wrote:I have also just fitted 45 pilot jets which seem to give much better running. I have used a Colourtune to set up the mixture with good results, my Sport seems much better on idle and pick-up.
45-48 pilots should be about right... any bigger and the whole thing gets really wooly.
3narf

Post by 3narf »

Finally tried it after cleaning out the carb- no change. Next I'll try swapping the carbs...

Beginning to think possibly an ignition fault; it'd be easier to swap the transducers over first I suppose.
3narf

Post by 3narf »

I'm starting to think the unthinkable now.

No, I'm not selling it but I am considering paying somebody to get in back on the road.

I wouldn't even have considered this drastic step a few years ago, but as I have no time, and have to empty my garage for a few months so we can extend our house, it could be expedient...