Tarozzi

The 3 1/2 forum
Bison

Tarozzi

Post by Bison »

Folks,
Just been for a lovely ride on my Sport, about 120 miles or so up by Crieff and Comrie in Scotland, and I have to say I just love this little bike, really love it!. However, what I'm not so keen on is the back pain I get after riding!, (I'm old and decrepit you see!). I was thinking a set of hi rise Tarozzi clip ons might be the very answer, well, apart from buying a Strada that is, does anyone have any experience of these?, do they make the riding position any easier on the old back?. Oh, and who stocks them?
I already have the tarozzi rear sets fitted, can't imagine what it would be like with the stock footrests, purgatory!.
Thanks in advance,
Alan.
PS, Did I mention how great my bike is???
MarkB

Re: Tarozzi

Post by MarkB »

I had Tarozzi high-rise clip-ons on my Strada with standard footpegs for a while and they are good, plenty of adjustment available. i prefer the Strada with standard bars or the Sport with rear-sets and proper clip-ons, which i actually find good and comfortable: fine for a few hundred miles in a day.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Agree with Mark, my 500 has standard clip ons and Tarozzi rear sets and find it perfect. It does put weight on the wrists and knees but none of the backside so miles fly by with no problems.

Alan, tried moving the clip ons forward?

Mike.
Bison

Post by Bison »

Thanks guys, I might try moving them around a little and see if that helps. If I go for the Tarozzi's I'll let you know how they are.
Thanks,
Alan.
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Try swapping the clipons to the other fork leg, ie put them on upside down.
Sounds daft but they end up almost horizontal, much more comfortable.
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

I have been pondering these myself, Alan. Only one way to find out, though I do like the upside-down suggestion.

However, I should remind you that the faster you go, the more the wind will hold up your chest. So obviously not riding ATG. :lol:
Dom
MRC 3082½
Bison

Post by Bison »

Dom,
I like your style!, that's the problem, I'm riding too slow!.
The upside down trick sounds good.
Alan.