Busbar- 350 sport front connector box?

The 3 1/2 forum
Matt Hale

Busbar- 350 sport front connector box?

Post by Matt Hale »

Hi All- does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced connector box from? I hope you can see it's missing spades!! Or an alternative suggestion perhaps? So far I can find two in the U.S. but with postage they cost £45+ Maybe that's reasonable...
IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1604.jpeg (45.59 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
Thanks in advance for any help.
Matt
350 Sport 1979 electric start model (missing)
Curry yellow tank etc paint work, navy blue frame, silver wheels.
mbmm350s

Re: Busbar- 350 sport front connector box?

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi Matt,

You can find the static terminal blades on line - they are known as FASTON 250 (i.e 1/4 in 6.4mm)
You need the board mount type.
Then they can be drilled out and replaced, and rivetted or use some small screws and nuts.

There are so many variations - i will leave to you to research it.
We use extensively these kind of PCB and board tabs at work but not the exact type needed.
https://www.mouser.co.uk/pdfDocs/ENG_CS ... G_0914.pdf
Apologies if there isn't the exact one in the catalogue.

I dont remember if these are twos or fours or whether there are extra bridge pieces.
But anyway if you can find the right kind of terminal it can be remade

Hope that helps
Mark
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

A less elegant solution, but better than nothing, would be piggy back connectors. These are connectors that go onto the spade but also have a spade on their back for the other connector. A short term fix whilst hunting the proper part?
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale »

Thank you all for you time replying and I will look at all options. Hope your summers go well.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Matt,
I think Steve Brown may well have some old ones he'll let you have for a song (or a couple of quid). I don't think they have the coloured dots on them anymore though. As others have suggested it might be better to buy new terminal blades for your one, if you can find suitable ones. Something like https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223527499727 looks possibly suitable and 50 of them would give you plenty of scope to experiment with bending them to fit.

In case it's useful, I use "4 Way Blade Terminal Splice Connectors - 6.3mm Spade Lucar Joiners" (e.g. from https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333332441433) on my Kanguro which had something similar in the original moto morini wiring loom. These would also work electrically for you but would mean you're not using the original junction box.
Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale »

Many thanks again for the links- I received static terminal blades from Vehicle Wiring Products, cut off one end so only 4 terminals (couldn't see any with less than 6) fitted them and bolted into place. Needed to add a piece of rubber at back so no contact to frame with the bolt ends. (grindered off to try to get them to sit within the box holder.
Problem solved....
New issue to solve in new thread ! Thanks again for this solve ! Matt