Maiden voyage

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
MickeyMoto

Maiden voyage

Post by MickeyMoto »

Had my first ride tonight...

Like an ocean going cruise ship... in acgood way.

Different to the Corsaro.

17" wheels both ends, so stickier rubber in the future... 120/70 and 180/55.

Nice to be back on a Corsacorte Bialbero.

Go try and buy...
corsaro chris

Re: Maiden voyage

Post by corsaro chris »

Good to hear that you have it on the road...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Took it to work on Wednesday. It appears to be a lot livelier on the m way!!!. 70 mile on, but away working until Tuesday... :(
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Did a 70 mile ride today.

Compared to the Corsaro the suspension is a bit primitive, although it needs an adjust as still set for a 75 kg rider and as a jockey it is not correct for me...

The nose fairing is more effective than the Corsaro.

The engine pulls better at lower revs. Corsaro has more outright power but the Scrambler is a revelation.

Need a step ladder!

Handling not quite to Corsaro standards, but steers well enough. May the suspension adjust will help.

Pirelli MT60s are good in the dry.

Gelling nicely...
-------------------------------------------------------

Mike.
Ming

Post by Ming »

I've always liked Big Trailies (R100 GS, Tiger, not to mention Kanguros), but (reading your other post) range seems to be much too small and as the years have passed, height and weight have become big factors in my choice, I'm sticking to the smaller, lighter models (until the next rush of blood ;-) ).
Robin62

Post by Robin62 »

HI Mickey - where did you get yours from?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Prime Factors.
ShaunR

Post by ShaunR »

How you going on with the new scrambler, any low speed fuelling issues. Am looking at having mine remapped but wondering if the issues are down to the newness of the bike. I have around 1500 miles on mine now.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Just had first service. Was ticking over too high, but now at 1400 rpm. Fuelling appears to be ok at low speed, but due to the high idling problem have not been able to tell. Did a commute during the week and it seemed to respond very well. I am leaving mine at present. I should probably report the map version...

The problem I can see is the new, slacker, chain tension causing a few issues, but only from 2k revs.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

'Slack chain';

Better than a broken swing arm! Generally, keep the revs above 3,000 and it will be lovely and smooth... If you do pull away gently just progressively open the throttle from tick-over and it should pull fine - well, it does on the GP one or two-up!!

Good riding; we had eight at to-days Corsaro Section meet!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Slacker... not slack...
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

20180805_150516__1533485800_109.154.209.121.jpg
20180805_150516__1533485800_109.154.209.121.jpg (19.86 KiB) Viewed 12299 times
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I've had my 2010 bike for about 2 years now and have normally ridden with my Wife behind me on her own bike but because she only passed her test 2 years ago we generally ride quiet sedately and the suspension has always felt harsh on the Scrambler. Last week I did 80 miles riding on my own and was 'pushing on a bit' but with that superb engine singing away I felt the suspension really worked well when being given a good workout.
nickst4

Post by nickst4 »

Tonibe63 wrote:I've had my 2010 bike for about 2 years now and have normally ridden with my Wife behind me on her own bike but because she only passed her test 2 years ago we generally ride quiet sedately and the suspension has always felt harsh on the Scrambler. Last week I did 80 miles riding on my own and was 'pushing on a bit' but with that superb engine singing away I felt the suspension really worked well when being given a good workout.
OK, so it's Tonibee's Scrambler that I've just taken over! It's a stunning machine to look at, and in my eyes at least, will look even tastier when the horrid homemade 'tail tidy' is replaced with the original, which was crudely hacked off the bodywork. Why do muppet owners (it wasn't Tony) think they can improve the style of Italian bikes by doing that? :roll:

This being my very first experience of a Morini 1200, I can agree with all the comments on the tractability and grunt of the Scrambler version. This one has a bit of a buzz at about 5K which I assume is just down to the architecture and sheer capacity of the engine. I expect it comes under the category of 'character' and won't be a deal-breaker for me. Otherwise, the motor performed very well, notwithstanding the very optimistic speedo reading, though it did cut as I coasted to a turning when nearly home after the 120 mile collection ride. Noting Tony's comment above, I'm relieved to find that the suspension isn't as harsh as I feared, though more compliance is welcome for me on any of our roads. I think that this bike will certainly be worth a little development work!

Cheers,

Nick
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Mupo do a rear suspension unit for a Scramblr. Cheaper than Oh(MG how much?)lins. My is nicely run in now, much better on the rear end.