Tank range and fuel light

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
MickeyMoto

Re: Tank range and fuel light

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Simon,

My Scrambler fans come on at 90C... It is in the map, so start there. I believe the importer is looking into having a new map done. May be worth a call.

Mike.
floydsveloce

Post by floydsveloce »

My veloce is the same. Comes on at 98, goes off at 93. Fair to say it's not a town engine !! In short , nowt wrong with your engine or settings in my opinion !
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Floydy,

My Corsaro was the same as my Scrambler. Later maps set the fans to come on earlier.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with Simon's fans, but it appears the factory made a change to reduce the temperature.

Mike.
wyseoil

Post by wyseoil »

Thanks for your comments, sounds like re-mapping maybe way forward, I'll speak with Prime Factors if they can help.

Simon
Robin62

Post by Robin62 »

HI - I just had mine remapped by Sam West Hammer & Tongs in Warrington (official MM tuning - trained by MM at factory with Ben Wiley from Amore Moto the official importer - so all legit) and de-catted. Brilliant job - much better fuelling at low speed and better take up on roll ons. Not sure if it made any mpg difference yet.

Going to get Sam and the guys at Pipewerx to build a custom exhuast for a better sound in Sept.

Sam is using my bike as test bed for a tuning and exhuast packge and helping with the developments costs. He loves the bikes so much he's going to get one himeself. See their website vlog for a video of them working on my scrambler

http://www.hammerntongs.co.uk/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCDPIm4lWSg

I've posted the dyno charts on another post - 10% increase torque and power
ShaunR

Post by ShaunR »

Mine is exactly the same as yours with regard to temperature. And I mean exactly, so i’m guessing it is normal.
ShaunR

Post by ShaunR »

Oh and I forgot to mention. I find the fuel light very erratic. I kinda don’t trust it but I always seem to have 5 litres left when I fill up.
Robin62

Post by Robin62 »

Current data on fuel consumption. Excuse mixed units. After a return trip to the bike show yesterday, M6 all the way, boring 50mph for most of it I got 50mpg. When doing spirited Sunday blasts of 20-30 miles of nice country roads I can get as little as 32mpg. Most tanks seem to be late 30s. Each time fuel light flickers on when around 8-9 litres left. Giving me between 140 and 88 miles once I see the first flickers of fuel light. It tends to go on permanently after a further 20miles or so. Never run it dry but looks like I can get to 140 miles without panicking.
ShaunR

Post by ShaunR »

Good to know both the scrambler and GP fuel light come on at about 100 miles but then like you always between 5 and 9 litres left. Still not used to it. I try not to get spooked but farthest i’ve been with the light on is 30 miles.