Valentini Replica

Show us your projects and restorations
Bedfordowner

Valentini Replica

Post by Bedfordowner »

Hi all, I am slowly gathering the parts for a replica Valentini 350. Thanks to Paul Compton, I have the tank and seat units bit still need to find or most likely copy a 2 into 1 exhaust. I have lots of photos of the system but need to at least get some dimensions if possible. If there is one available to see or get measured that would be really helpful. Not sure if this is the correct place to put this so might also put tthis in the wanted section. Thank you for any help you may be able to give.
morini_tom

Re: Valentini Replica

Post by morini_tom »

I have a spare RMS exhaust which in my opinion is the best 2 into 1 for a 350. Picture attached.

It’s not for sale because I intend on keeping it as a spare incase god forbid anything ever happens to the RMS on my sport, but would happily lend it for somebody to get copies made. Plenty of people have expressed interest in a copy in the past so I’m sure a small batch could be justified.

My spare system is currently with Julian Harty, but I’m sure we could arrange something by way of a handover. The system is not in wonderful condition but for copying in some senses that’s ideal.

Let me know if that’s of interest.
Attachments
IMG_8454.jpeg
IMG_8454.jpeg (259.2 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Bedfordowner

Post by Bedfordowner »

morini_tom wrote: 04 Apr 2024 20:37 I have a spare RMS exhaust which in my opinion is the best 2 into 1 for a 350. Picture attached.

It’s not for sale because I intend on keeping it as a spare in case god forbid anything ever happens to the RMS on my sport, but would happily lend it for somebody to get copies made. Plenty of people have expressed interest in a copy in the past so I’m sure a small batch could be justified.

My spare system is currently with Julian Harty, but I’m sure we could arrange something by way of a handover. The system is not in wonderful condition but for copying in some senses that’s ideal.

Let me know if that’s of interest.
Hi, Did not expect such a quick response. That looks a really nice set up. It would be great to look into getting a copy made and better still a batch . I am very interested. Not sure if it helps, but I live about 5 miles from Stafford showground and will be going to the show. Maybe we could sort something out for then if anyone else is going. Please let me know what you think.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

No problem.

I’m not going to be at Stafford but the club will have a stand there. I’ll speak to Julian and see if we can sort a way of getting them there. Watch this space, and remind me if I forget!
Tim

Post by Tim »

I really like 2-1s but have a 500. were they ever produced for the 500 and if so does anyone know where they can be sourced?
Bedfordowner

Post by Bedfordowner »

Hi, thanks for your help. If you need me to go elsewhere to collect it just let me know
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Tim wrote: 05 Apr 2024 10:22 I really like 2-1s but have a 500. were they ever produced for the 500 and if so does anyone know where they can be sourced?
Tim,
I have an RMS 2-1 system for a 500; at least it was from a 500 Sport so I presume it was made to suit it... It's rusty and has a couple of small rust holes however it seems to be in good enough condition to provide a prototype to make a replacement/replica.

And Keith,
as Tom mentioned, I also have one of his very old RMS systems for a 3 1/2 which again is somewhat used and abused decades ago. It's been on my 400 sport for several years. It's noisy and aggressive as RMS systems were intended to me in my view (I first had one in 1982/3). The Valentini systems are much more refined and I've one of those too. As I mentioned in your other post in the wanted section I'm happy to help you sort out measurements, etc.

I live near High Wycombe, South Bucks. You're welcome to PM me and I'll do what I can to help both of you.
Julian
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Tom and Julian, I'm taking my van and a bike to Stafford so happy to transport exhaust parts if you like. Also while we are on the subject of replica pipes I'd like to recommend Alldens over in Lincolnshire for the job. He made my Camel system and his work is top notch. I know there are other people doing this but from what I've seen of their jobs I will go to Alldens for something that not only will fit but has no visible welds in even really tight bends.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Julian - have pm'd you
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Steve,
Thanks for the recommendation to use Alldens Exhausts. I've looked at their Facebook page and the owner seems to be unusually capable and humble. I'll contact him early next week and ask him about making clones of the various exhausts (RMS 350, RMS 500, Valentini 350). I'd take them up to him directly if we agree to go ahead.

I'll also ask here in case anyone else wants to pay John (Allens Exhausts) directly for a clone exhaust system; some people might prefer to make them themselves, etc.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

I can second the quality of Alldens work. He’s done a few for vintage bikes for my dad and they have been excellent.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Julian-you mean Alldens, yes? If so his name is Dennis and he's an old colleague of Ivan Appletons' so you can name drop both Ivan and me plus Tom as well. :wink:
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Steve Brown wrote: 06 Apr 2024 18:42 Julian-you mean Alldens, yes? If so his name is Dennis and he's an old colleague of Ivan Appletons' so you can name drop both Ivan and me plus Tom as well. :wink:
Yes, Alldens, sorry for the typo... and thanks for the correction he is Dennis rather than John, I'd misread one of the extended conversations on his facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057184882264