Winter 2018Rebuild

Show us your projects and restorations
RedVee

Re: Winter 2018Rebuild

Post by RedVee »

I must admit to not having read this until now - me bad.
What an amazing challenge for you - glad I never attempted it. Well done to you finally getting her on the road again. Looking good 8)
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

After a poor year miles wise on the Sport (other bikes been used a lot) took it out for a visit to Yorkshire. Weather set fair, until I got south of the Tyne. Got to the Republic of Yorkshire boundary, the smog cleared, the skies were blue, the Unicorns were grazing the lush grass... oh, hang on, it was piddling down. Tea stop with some people I haven't seen since 2019 BC then home via a different route. The roads dried, the sun came out, a tail wind and the A68 to myself. Glorious! Maybe I have become an intelligent motorcyclist and am no longer a biker; not a single motorway mile.

423kms later, home. Only problem is the gearing being too high. I need to check what I have. The constant gear changing into the head wind was tedious. Trying to go at 55 behind traffic puts the bike out of the powerband.

Bike needs a bloody good clean. Happy the bike is fit for longer trips.
Attachments
received_166938185565674.jpeg
received_166938185565674.jpeg (60.97 KiB) Viewed 6816 times
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Mike, congratulations on resurrecting this bike, and thank you RedVee for freeing up various project bikes. My Kanguro X is similarly doing well with over 1400km since I resurrected it (mine is nowhere near restored, more of a fun bike to ride).
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Yes, better than breaking for spares.

Took it on an errand today. Started first kick. I'm glad I restored it.

RedVee, any more hiding in a shed anywhere? I need another project to keep me away from the decorating.