Morini Sport 1200

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
MattNav

Morini Sport 1200

Post by MattNav »

Hi All,

After 30 years since last owning a Morini (350 Kanguro large tank) I have become the proud custodian of a white and blue 1200 sport.

Very low miles and well cared for, one of the previous owners appears to have spent some money on Maxton suspension upgrades which is nice. There is a crack on the top of the tank though which is a shame and this will be addressed - is this a common issue and is there a specific way to repair them as I believe they are nylon tanks? Also, does anyone know anything about the paint codes? Not a major issue but I like my bikes to be pristine.

For now the Morini sits happily under covers in the company of other rare Italians..........

Hoping to get out to some of your meets in the Southwest of the UK when the weather improves!

Cheers, Matt
Tinker

Re: Morini Sport 1200

Post by Tinker »

That’s a pretty bike I saw it on Facebook
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Welcome, Matt;

The 1200 engine is a wonderful creation, and if you're in the South West there are some great places to reach on such a beast. We are hoping to get down that way (well, north Devon) in mid-May on a GranPasso, and are looking to meet up with a few fellow Morinists, so lets hope the weather is kind to us...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MattNav

Post by MattNav »

Many thanks. Looking forward to finer weather and no road salt!!