Starting problems

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
Mark N.I.

Starting problems

Post by Mark N.I. »

Well the bike is now up to just over 3300miles.
However just in the past few days, when you push the button to start it, it starts but doesnt sound like it used too, almost sounds as if the starter is struggling.
Anyone ever come across this?
Cheers

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
corsaro chris

Re: Starting problems

Post by corsaro chris »

Mark;

Has it had the upgraded battery? The factory replaced the original unit after about a years production, because it was felt that the original wasn't spinning the motor fast enough...

Worth checking with NLM?

Fingers crossed!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mark,

I believe your bike is suffering the winter blues because mine has been a little under the weather. Too much time spent in the Garage and not enough out on the rode. Does your clock also wander a bit? My 9 1/2 had a new battery when I brought it at 18 months old and again as a demo it was stood for too long.
I intend to get mine checked before I go to Holland and I will let you know whether you need to be concerned.
Safe Riding

Paul
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Thanks for the replies chaps.
Would you believe it was doing it yesterday morning and not yesterday evening :? got to love Italian bikes.
Chris I honestly dont know what, if anything, has been done to the bike, must drop NLM an email, but the dash says the battery is between 11v, when not running, and 14v when driving down the road.
Hi Paul, that is possible but it has been out and started a fair few times this year, around 1000 miles so far.
Dont seem to have any problems with the clock, except for the max speed which is sitting at 244 :roll:
Cheers

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro