9 1/2 in the U.S.

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
Weeveetwin

9 1/2 in the U.S.

Post by Weeveetwin »

I'm emigrating to the States later this year and can't bear to part with the bikes, so they're coming with me. I notice however that the new bikes don't have a dealer in the States, and there seems to be very few examples out there, so I am a little concerned about the ability to import w.r.t. the emissions regulations.
My experience of import restrictions of engines in to he States is more around large diesel engined equipment, which need specific tests conducted to CARB standards, and the relevant paperwork / emissions decal confirming this before they can be imported.
The standard emissions plate on the 9 1/2 only refers to EU regulations which although complement the requirements in the States, I am not sure are acceptable directly.
Has any one any experience of importing one of these bikes, and what documentation may be required?
I am also taking a 1977 3 1/2 over, which I believe is much easier as it does not need to comply with any regulations due to its age.
Many thanks,
Richard.
Mark N.I.

Re: 9 1/2 in the U.S.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Doesnt look like anyone has tried yet, you would be the first.
I know a guy who has imported cars and he was talking about working Visa's for them but that was all.
Good luck and hope it works out

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
joc

Post by joc »

PM
Weeveetwin

Post by Weeveetwin »

Well, it looks like getting the Morini in to the States is a lot harder than expected, compounded by the fact I can't get any response from the factory either to check whether they have applied or received an EPA certification, so it looks like she'll have to stay in the UK.
Is anybody interested therefore in owning an excellent example of a 9 1/2 in the fantastic red / black colour scheme which seems to suit the bikes style so well. Fitted with a Morini factory screen and rack, and only 1950 miles, so hardly run in. Registered 1st June 2008, she's in excellent condition, only requiring the tyres pumping up before riding. Please mail richard@familypugh.fsnet.co.uk
Attachments
P1040651 (Large).JPG
P1040651 (Large).JPG (150.07 KiB) Viewed 11040 times