Out on the roads

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
Mark N.I.

Out on the roads

Post by Mark N.I. »

Well I just couldn't contain myself any longer. Was a nice sunny warm dry day to-day and the roads where dry and grit free, so i pulled the 9 1/2 out of the house, started her up and took her a blast down the road.
Was only a short 20-30min run, was cold on the hands and face/neck, but totally worth it for the grin factor.
Took the big screen off a few weeks back, didn't miss it at all till about 70mph, though the front of the bike seemed so small without it, great for touring etc, dont know what I will do with it.
Seemed to get a few looks from people as if i was mad being out on it but what the hell, well worth it.
Back home and a quick wash just in case anything had got on the bike then back in the house after hearing the weather, dont want to get caught out with a rouge gritter.
Itching for the spring now, really whetted my apatite again for how good the bike is.

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Out on the roads

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mark,

Bike looks good in its naked form and I guess that is the way it will stay. Done blame you for taking off the furniture although my screen is staying on. Looking to sort out some form of luggage carrying capacity for the Dutch trip as I don't have the Morini panniers. I have a set of panniers but these only work on the 350 and I don't want to sacrifice them to the 9 1/2 as I have had them for over 30 years. My son James is coming on the back so two people and tent will certainly test my packing abilities.

Safe Riding

Paul
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Evening Paul.

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah I like it in its naked form though Im gona see what flyscreen I can get for it just to throw the wind away abit.
Front end feels so light without the screen catching all the wind, but I can see why you are keeping it on.
That is abit of a problem, that single exhaust is a pain as you dont want all the weight on one side.
Have you seen the price of the luggage for the 9 1/2?

Luggage carrier £128.74
RH side bag £200.85
Tank bag £171.67

Im looking to sell my tank bag though if your interested.

Im thinking of a trip with the girlfriend through Scotland during the summer, only for a few days though, but still luggage will be a problem

Mark
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

10,000 £, 1200cc and no decent room for luggage...what a pain :?

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

And in Morini's own words, this bike was aimed at fast touring, hmmmm :roll:
One up is spot on, throw a tail pack on, and you have something to learn back on too :P , and its grand, cant do that with too. Wonder if Givi would do a rack for out the back.

Mark
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mark,

I suppose Bruno has a point but then again we both didn't pay full price and I for one think we got good value for the money spent. Unlike you I do have a rack and with a little invention I should be able to pack for a long weekend. If Tom and Arthur can manage Bologna I'm sure Holland should be no problem :D .

Save Riding

Paul
meddlesomebilly

Post by meddlesomebilly »

The best day so far this year presented itself last Sunday, it was time to test the heated grips that I got for Christmas. Spent four hours dodging potholes on the Somerset lanes without getting cold hands. The bike felt brilliant, I'm really glad I bought it. Looking forward to longer warmer trips now.
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Paul you are correct there, got a great bargain, alot of bike for little money. What rack have you got on the back of the 9 1/2?
Hi Billy, glad to hear you are enjoying the bike too, what heated grips did you go for?

Mark
meddlesomebilly

Post by meddlesomebilly »

Hi, Mark,
Heated grips as below;-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTORCYCLE-HEATED ... 286.c0.m14
There's a mouthful!
They are adhesive pads that stick onto the twistgrip and handlebar, I chose these because I wanted to retain the original grips. They provide adequate heat but the right hand one is hotter that the left hand one which is in direct contact with the bars and hence warming them up as well as one's hands. If I was doing it again I think I would try wrapping a layer of helicopter tape first to give a bit of insulation. I took the power from the headlamp supply beneath the fusebox and whilst I was at it took additional feeds for a phone charger and a radar camera locator.
Tony.
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Nice job, glad to hear they work.
I dont do any real winter riding but they would be nice for those late nights in the summer too

Mark