Jerky!

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
PVC

Jerky!

Post by PVC »

Hi,

my Corsaro now has 2500 km on the dials but all of a sudden lately I'm experiencing a rather annoying jerky, on-off, then again holding in response in the below 4000rpm region and in the lower throttle percentage region.
The engine also seems to spit back mixture into the airbox. It huffs and puffs and seems to want to blow my house in..... :wink:

It does run powerful, nice and wild once I get above 5000 rpm's but riding in traffic or taking a roundabout like any normal mortal would, is a real intense and sometimes nerve wrecking ordeal.

1/ So the dealer replaced the champion spark plugs with NGK's but that didn't do the trick.
2/ Then the dealer said it might have taken water in the fuel tank due to a blocked drain in the fuel tank filler, however after having added two times a fuel additive that is said to bind water, it does not improve the on-off and hesitating feel when trying to smooth-handle at low throttle settings. :o
Ow yeah, I get 140 km out of a full tank before the reserve light pops on.

3/ The computer tells the lambda sonde is in closed loop and all other parameters "appear normal", dixit the dealer.
(I found out on the net that:
ECU Modes:

OPEN LOOP - this is the mode your ECU is in until the coolant temperature and a couple other sensors get to operating values. This is also true when you are at WOT or when throwing codes/ CEL's

CLOSED LOOP - the ecu uses information primarily from the Oxygen Sensor and adjusts fuel delivery and timing to achieve minimum emmisions, better gas mileage and power.
)

4/ I'm thinking the lambda sonde might be giving erratic info to the ECU, however the dealer says once after 800km the ECU simply doesn't receive any more input data from the lambde sonde. Is this true? :? Personally this sounds like a load of crap.

http://www.ducati.at/news_morini.htm
Tech Talk: Morini-Mapping mit Lernfunktion
Interessant: um ein Optimum an Fahrverhalten und Benzinverbrauch zu erzielen, wird die Einspritzung während der ersten 400 Kilometer einer jeden Moto Morini ständig optimiert (basierend auf den Werten der Lambdasonde). Gut für die Umwelt, gut für den Fahrspaß!
This text says the first 400 km the ECU is learning. That's all. It does not say the Lambda Sonde stops giving voltage info through.

Should the lambda sonde be replaced to end my sleepless nights? :roll:

Thanks for any feedback on this or solutions on similar issues.
-=2nd Place Is The 1st Loser=-
PVC

Post by PVC »

Nobody has heard of this sort of issue or any experiences with this :?:
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

PVC wrote:Nobody has heard of this sort of issue or any experiences with this :?:
Airbox not taking in water? that was one of the 1st updates, a little flap to keep water out of the airbox. And Airbox not taking in oil? That would mean you would have the cilinderhead problem.

And yes i believe the "race" ECU learns for the 1st 400 too 800 km from running. If you have changed from Normal to Race ECU then something had to be reset in order to run properly, think it's called TPS (Throttle Position Sensor?).

These are just some things that pop up so now and again in the dutch forums.
http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_me ... rsaro,1200
PVC

Post by PVC »

Hi Peter V!
Bedankt voor de info en link. Ik laat het een en ander checken door mijn dealer.

Die rubberklep in de airbox, moet ik die goed zien zitten?
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

PVC wrote:Hi Peter V!
Bedankt voor de info en link. Ik laat het een en ander checken door mijn dealer.

Die rubberklep in de airbox, moet ik die goed zien zitten?
Het stelt niet veel voor hoor, het is meer een soort rubber flapje.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Have you checked the free play in your rubber "cush" dirive in the rear wheel? I had mine replaced under warranty a around 2,000miles as i could rotate the rear wheen 10mm when in gear.
The rubber drive should be tight mine was loose... This took some of the jerky ride out.

Dec 2008 updgrades also had a new ECU and this smoothe out some of the poor fueling below 4,000rpm but not all.

The rest is down to a blood large capacity V-twin!
PVC

Post by PVC »

nfitz wrote:Have you checked the free play in your rubber "cush" dirive in the rear wheel? I had mine replaced under warranty a around 2,000miles as i could rotate the rear wheen 10mm when in gear.
The rubber drive should be tight mine was loose... This took some of the jerky ride out.

Dec 2008 updgrades also had a new ECU and this smoothe out some of the poor fueling below 4,000rpm but not all.

The rest is down to a blood large capacity V-twin!
I do can move the rear wheel back and forth a bit when in gear. I'm gonna have it looked in at the dealer. Thanks for the info.