No longer Baffled!

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Zeus44

No longer Baffled!

Post by Zeus44 »

I thought I'd share the solution to the dilemma I was having with my Veloce – baffles in too quiet, baffles out too noisy AND it was like a demented moody teenager at slow speeds in traffic (hard work and would never do as I asked)!

At the same time I have to thank Richard at Tecmoto for the work he did yesterday and for his genius.

His first idea was to buy new baffles and cut them down until they sounded right. This proved to be too expensive. Richard then found a local company to make some baffles – he fitted them yesterday and they sound absolutely awesome. He then fitted the non-race EPU, changed the TPS and I now have a bike that is still incredibly fast, but so much less argumentative at slow speeds. It now turns more heads in admiration rather than disgust.

I'm also hoping this might squeeze more than 110 miles out of tank before the light comes on . . !

:lol:
franky

Post by franky »

can you post pics of your baffles? were they a kings ransome!?

Glad you're enjoying the bike. I'm hoping when I get around to fitting the decat and powercommander it smooths out the bottom end(which I think is ok anyway for a big twin) and should produce a better tank range as the horrid cat will have gone.

Secretly hoping for 125miles till reserve.... and more than 60 around cadwell :oops:
Zeus44

No Longer Baffled

Post by Zeus44 »

Yes, really enjoying the bike, particularly since the recent changes. I got Pazzo levers put on which not only look incredible, they are gorgeous to use!

I'll try and extract a baffle and take a picture when I have time. They are based on the original baffle (which I gave them to model it on) but open at the end and have no holes in them – it just tones the roar down a touch and gives a much nicer sound. Not a king's ransom either – under £100 for both.

Do let me know how you get on with the decat and powercommander . . . 125 miles to reserve would be fantastic . . . If my changes have made any drastic difference to range I'll post that up.

Wishing everyone a great bank holiday weekend!
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

I have just come back from a wonderful ride around my area. Living in the Geneva region, together with my brother on his Tuono and me on my (de-cat and QD pipes) Corsaro, we headed on over the Jura mountains and cruised along the Doubs river. Stunning roads, amazing scenery and perfect weather! The fact that there was very little traffic made things even better.

So, the Corsaro was amazing on this ride, and I was very surprised to find that the reserve light had not come on yet when I stopped to fill up after 196 km. I only managed to put in 12.5 litres in the tank, which makes for a very reasonable fuel consumption. Riding was brisk, but we were not pushing hard.

Great day!
Zeus44

Post by Zeus44 »

Woo Hoo! I'm a very happy lad.

The new hand-made baffles, change to non-race ecu and retune have taken my tank range to reserve light coming on from 110.2 to 128.7!

It made for a very nervous ride once I got past 110.2 and I changed my route to include lots of petrol stations as I stopped believing the little yellow light would ever come on!
tecmoto

Post by tecmoto »

very good to hear that steve