Veloce max power

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
blackducati

Veloce max power

Post by blackducati »

What rear wheel bhp can be obtained by mapping?
MickeyMoto

Re: Veloce max power

Post by MickeyMoto »

What are you looking for?

I think you will need to remove the Cats to achieve anything.

I am not sure if the quoted power output is rear wheel or crankshaft on the Morini. If it is rear wheel 140hp then why would you want more? I think it would be a handful, to be honest, with no traction control, anti wheelie etc. I found 140 more than sufficient, 118 on the Scrambler ample and 115 on the Milano is pretty thrilling. My BMW had 68 when new, that is not a rocket and the 39 on the Sport gets me places, too!

I would think a re-map on a Morini would be used to sort out the factory fuelling, rather than a hp increase. My Corsaro had a later map and it fuelled perfectly.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Blackducati,

I sit on the same side of the fence as MikeyMoto however it’s horses for courses and I can understand why more would be desirable to some people.

You need to speak with Ben and Sam at motohub. They know these bikes inside out and having been the UK importer over the last few years have a good relationship with the factory.

Not only that but as TT riders themselves, they know a thing or two about what it takes to make a bike perform well.

They’re no stranger to remapping the Morini 1200 and have their own dyno.

https://moto-hub.co.uk/
Painter

Post by Painter »

My Gp as remapped with GPR open can and decat, big oil cooler made 127.5 hp on the motohub Dyno in May of this year, it now runs very sweetly in the lower rev range , as for hp, that was a big surprise to all of us, but personally give me a flexible engine
Everytime.
ben_wylie

Post by ben_wylie »

From a de cat and map we have had 142bhp, this is rare though and they are more like 137/138bhp. Most start at between 128 and 132 completely standard.
With some other little mods we have had 145 (my own bike) but it was mapped so smoothly it felt quite boring. After developing a bit more of an aggressive map it is better, but now we have just done some other engine work but not finished yet. Hoping for over 150 because I imagine more is better. :D
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

ben_wylie wrote: 05 Apr 2022 16:59 Hoping for over 150 because I imagine more is better. :D
Not on the roads where I live! :)