Parts

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
johnwh

Parts

Post by johnwh »

Hi,
Have owned a second-hand 2008 Corsaro Veloce for over 2 years and it is time to do the Cam chain.
I bloke I know in Australia managed to purchase a kit of parts from the factory a few years back however when I recently sent a message they informed me I would need to go through a Dealer. The question is who would the forum recommend?
Cheers John
MickeyMoto

Re: Parts

Post by MickeyMoto »

Looks like your nearest dealer is in UnZud...

https://motomorini.eu/network/dealers/?lang=en

Not sure how you could proceed, unless anybody knows the chain size and you can obtain one in Oz. Tried searching the forum for older posts?
AusVeloce

Post by AusVeloce »

Hi John, I was the guy who got the parts directly from the factory so in the absence of a local dealer I 'm not sure why they wouldn't do the same for you. Worth noting that the kit is an upgrade due to a larger spec chain i.e. includes the sprockets and tensioner. As a side note a few years ago I was able to pick up some OEM parts such as gaskets etc that suit your bike so if you're ever looking for any bits let me know.
AusVeloce

Post by AusVeloce »

Forgot to mention that when I was getting my kit the factory did inform me that they were happy to supply via any licensed bike shop so if you know someone they may be able to do this for you. Phil from Central Coast Motorcycles is a MM fanatic so worth a shot.

http://www.ccmotorcycles.com.au/
johnwh

Post by johnwh »

Thanks for the info.
I have been put in touch with the UK importer who states he can assist with parts including cam chain kits. I am at work at present but will post his details. The all up cost for 2 kits will be just over $1000 delivered to Oz.
In fact the UK dealers put me in touch with him.
I initially tried some of the Italian dealers but none of them would supply outside of Italy.
The dealer map on the Moto Morini website does include a NZ dealer as stated, however when I emailed they replied they haven't been a dealer for some time.
Just as an aside, the workshop manual states 40,000 klms before cam chain replacement is necessary. Is that what people feel is correct or do you believe it should be done earlier.
Cheers
John
johnwh

Post by johnwh »

I forgot to mention that I met a guy only last week who lives in WA and has a 9 1/2and he mentioned Phil's name as someone who might be able to assist with parts. I know Motocicclio still have oil filters and a few bits but it is getting thin on the ground.
Even though I have been a nurse most of my life there was a period during the 90s' that I joint owned a motorcycle shop in Geelong Vic and
as a laverda owner virtually all my adult life I was sorely tempted to take on a Laverda dealership when they were sprooking for dealers.
The reason I mention it now is that being close to retiring as a nurse I would love to take on a dealership like Morini but probably is probably not a good idea.
At least the bikes are sound as opposed to the Laverda twins of the 90s' that were potentially good bikes if they had more development time. Anyway, I am starting to ramble so thanks again for the help guys. I will let you know how it pans out.
johnwh

Post by johnwh »

Just did a search on the forum which answered my question. If the engine is sounding ok, cam chains are ok up to 40,000 klms plus.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

John -

Now could be a very good time to take on an importer / dealership - Morini are allegedly close to launching a range of 'cheaper', Chinese engined 650 twins to support the high-end 1200s (which we all know and love as fabulous machines...). Worth asking the question of them!

Good riding, and keep enjoying the Corsaro,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"