Rear suspension

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
VeloceNZ

Rear suspension

Post by VeloceNZ »

Hi all,
My 2017 Veloce came with a Sachs rear shock. Adjusting the preload for the occasional two-up is a pain so am thinking of upgrading to a shock with a hydraulic preload. Has anyone fitted an Ohlins or Mupo with a hydraulic preload to a Veloce?
corsaro chris

Re: Rear suspension

Post by corsaro chris »

The ZZ comes with Mupo as standard. I'd guess that, as it is just an updated Coorsaro, the part would fit straight on - but e-mail the factory and just ask!

The Mupo suspension is just grand, and adjustment is simple...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

https://www.mupo.it/mupo-world/sport-to ... bikeID=538

They even have one for the Scrambler...
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

I see that they also do one for a '1980 Morini Sport'...

!!!
"I'll use the Morini"
VeloceNZ

Post by VeloceNZ »

Yes, the factory said it would fit and so ordered a unit from the factory. It's now in a carton in my garage but will now have to wait till the weather turns sour before I pull things apart to install it. Its supposed to be summer here in NZ now but it's more like spring. Still, some nice days amongst it all and great country roads.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Great;

I see from the web site that there is now an authorised supplier / service shop in Neew Zealand, so you're better placed than all the modern Morini riders in Auz!

Hope that your summer isn't too badly delayed!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
VeloceNZ

Post by VeloceNZ »

Well, after the Mupo shock sat in its carton in the garage for about 3 years, I finally got round to installing it. But I was in for a surprise. All the necessary bits came off to access and remove the old rear shock. Removing the suspension linkage was straight-forward but when I removed the rocker arm from the back of the motor I had to tap the bolt out and then found that there was no bush inside the needle roller bearing. There were fine bits of metal in the bearing and the bolt had wear marks from sitting on the needle rollers. The side faces of that part of the rocker arm were also worn and the spacers each side of the rocker were no longer flat. The bike was brand new when I imported it and has never been to bits. I couldn't believe that such a critical component had not been assembled properly. What's more, I only found this as a result of replacing the Sachs shock with a Mupo unit.
20231202_154448_2.jpg
20231202_154448_2.jpg (122.78 KiB) Viewed 5749 times
As the rocker are came out of the bike.

After a week, there's been no reply from the factory (which is odd because they've been very prompt replying in the past).

I soon realised that the bike was going to be laid up for a while. So I had to put the linkage back together in order to move it. So I put the Mupo shock in just to check it was going to go in. It went together OK but crikey, it's as hard as a rock and its on the softest setting!

So now I'm trying to find an alternative source for the upper rocker needle rollers, seals, hardened bush, spacers and a bolt.

Too bad it's summer here now! Will just have to ride the old XB12.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hello,

Defo not Summer here!

Since the change to Chineese ownership the factory no longer deals direct to customers but via importers.

If you go to motomorini.com and select service you will find the importer in Auckland.

Triumph Motorcycles (NZ) Ltd.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

There was a technical bulletin on very early bikes up to frame number 3400 to replace the spacer bushes on the shock pivot.

The bulletin can be seen in the members area at the below link. Not sure if that’s related to your problem but worth a look if yours is an early bike

https://www.morini-riders-club.com/memb ... enkung.pdf