A fool and his money are soon parted

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
yaaan

A fool and his money are soon parted

Post by yaaan »

Hi All

Having come across pictures of the Corsao Avio I started looking for some further info as I was quite taken with it. It was then that I came across this forum and have been loitering about trying to get a bit more info on the bikes and what they are like.

As I work away from home I had not been able to do anything about the bike until last week when I came home and was able to arrange a test ride. That took place on Staturday and pretty much sealed the fate of my current bike. I've put a deposit down and it will be mine on 23rd June :D Woohoo...can't wait!!

So just thought that, as a soon to be Moto Morini owner, I'd join the forum and say hi :D

Ian
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Yaaan
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your forthcoming bike.

This forum is a wealth of information and populated by some great people.

I hope we get good weather on the 23rd: for you collecting your bike and for me, who will be travelling to France on mine.

Safe riding!

Regards
Stephen R
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

Fingers crossed for the 23rd then :D

Can I presume that, as you're travelling to France on yours, there is luggage that fits the bikes well? If so, what do you use? I currently have a Baglux tank cover/bag which won't fit and they don't make any for Morinis that I am aware of. I am also unsure how panniers/tail pack will be with underseat exhausts. I'm assuming that wrapping bungee cords around exhausts isn't such a greta idea :lol: I'm hoping to get across the channel for a few days in August when I get back from work and would prefer not to use a rucsack (spelling?) so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Ian
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Ian,
I'm not taking a Corsaro to France- But a Ducati 848; so the same problems with high-level exhausts and luggage.

As to the Corsaro: there are racks available which fit in place of the pillion seat and I understand the 'Ventura' do a sports rack to fit the bike.

Panniers are not really an option.

Morini offer a tank bag from their in-house range of accessories and experience tells me that it should be reasonably priced -if the price of their other branded products is anything to go by.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Stephen R
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

That's great. Thanks!

I'm off down to 3x to collect my bike in a few days so I'll check them out and see what they have/can get.

Thanks
Ian
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

HI - I recently traveled to the Nurnberg Ring on my Corsaro with an Oxford "humpback" tank bag and a Kreiger US-20 tail pack that straps to the pasenger seat. Only issues I had were that I couldn't over fill the tail pack as it forced you to sit forward on the seat when on a long trip with motorway you need to move around and sit back to get out of the wind. Any additional odds and ends can be held under a cargo net onto the tail pack.
Cheers Nigel.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi all;

I fitted a Kreiger US-20 tail pack to my Corsaro - it was fine as long as you don't fill up all 20 litres, or keep just soft items in it. That way it acts as an additional back stop :)

Morini do a 10 litre tank bag for the Corsaro / 9.5, but the front strap broke on mine. A tip here - use a cargo net for extra security! It has the handy map pocket as well as being good for heavy items like shoes, etc.,(look on the Morini web site under cometitionez (or however its spelt). I also bought the Corsaro tank cover - worthwhile to protect the paint finish on the tank.

I really liked the Avio, but already having the original Corsaro there was no point in changing - but the colour scheme looks great...

Good riding!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

I have a hattech rack for my corsaro which locks in in place of the rear seat. It is brilliantly made and looks good on the bike, and means you can strap luggage to the back without having to worry about the underseat pipes or damaging your paintwork. You can also bolt a topbox to it, and because it's locked into the pillion seat lock it's fairly secure.

Shipping from germany to the UK was fast and they are very helpful and responsive to email. The pound/Euro at the moment means they're quite expensive but in my opinion well worth it.

http://www.hattech.de/Moto_Morini_Corsa ... late1.html
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

The hattech rack looks pretty good. Think I'll send them an email and see how much. Reckon the Morini tank cover could be a plan but a 10l tank bag seems a little small after the luxury of a Baglux monster bag :D
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

The hattech rack wasn't cheap- about £100 when i got mine last year, but it was cheaper than the ventura system and i'd say better for day-to day use because of its quick fitment and you don't have to fit the ugly ventura L brackets.

Obviously the hattech rules out 2-up touring (good excuse to convince the wife to do her bike test!) and you've probably got more capacity with the ventura system, so for hardcore touring the ventura is probably better, but for 90% of the use corsaros are likely to get i'd say the hattech is a winner!

I'll be at NLM tomorrow for the morini day, and will make sure I bring the hattech with me if anyone wants a butchers.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Tom;

Sounds interesting - will think of getting one myself as the tail bag is a bit limiting!

The tank bag is a good instant fit for stuff without too much bother, and it takes some of the wind off the chest when cruising up open A roads...

Worth taking a couple of photos - both at NLM and of the luggage rack - for ATG? Have fun at NLM - Pete Fisher shouls also be there on an old Morini, and there should be plenty of others as well.

Don't forget to take some membership application forms :D

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

yaan:

Where did you get the Avio from? You are likely to be one of the first owners, so let us know how you get on with the bike. :)

There is an active section of the MRC in Bristol, and several existing Corsaro owners - who will be at Real World of Aberdare on Morini Day (this Saturday). Get yourself along soon!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

Sorry, been in Italy for a week catching a bit of sun :D

I bought my Avio from 3X and picking it up tomorrow :D Apparently I am the first person in the UK to buy one. Guess that makes me 'special' :lol: I'll keep you posted on how it goes and no doubt will be here with a question or two as we go along!

I'll be joining the MRC and look forward to getting out and meeting a few of you all.

Fingers crossed for a sunny day tomorrow :D

Ian
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Run it in with a Trip to Cadwell and a gentle track day amongst the 350s!

What colour is it?

David
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

SupermotoDave wrote:Run it in with a Trip to Cadwell and a gentle track day amongst the 350s!
Sounds good :D Never been on a track day before. When is it?

It's black with a red frame like this:

:D

Ian