Corsaro Upgrades

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Dorsetdave

Corsaro Upgrades

Post by Dorsetdave »

Hi Guys,
I have just joined this site and am in the process of looking at buying a Corsaro1200.
I have a test ride booked for this weekend but am concerned about reports in Motorcycle News that there are upgrades for older Corsaro's.
Some dealers say there are no problems and others say a new ECU, wiring and gearbox upgrades are being carried out.
Anyone throw any light on this,

Thanks Dave
franky

Post by franky »

which motorcycle news was that in? I'm looking at getting a corsaro too :D
Dorsetdave

Cosaro Upgrade

Post by Dorsetdave »

Hi Franke,
I think it may have been on their web site. Its all a bit confusing, the dealers just want to sell the bikes and aren't too interested in anything else.
Hope someone can throw some light on this.

Dave
franky

Post by franky »

I spoke to NLM...... they were quite helpful..... didn't mention much about upgrades etc as I was mainly asking questions about the veloce. I might give them a call and ask. the bikes do seem to be reliable though!
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Hi guys,

I have a 2006 model corsaro and can confirm that there are upgrades but it's nothing to worry about. I suspect that the corsaro was released a little early, and the factory have been working hard to continue to develop the bike over the last couple of years.

All new morinis have a 3 year warrenty so all the upgrades are free of charge, and none of them are safety specific.

It's not uncommon for manufacturers to send dealers new calibrations to flash into the ECU when it goes in for service. The difference with morini seems to be that they are replacing the whole ECU instead of giving the dealers access to just change maps. I don't really see a problem with that, other than it must be costing morini a bit of money, but they obviously have a reason for it.

My bike has just had the latest updates, which includes a new dash and ECU, along with a few other bits. Importantly, Morini are not ignoring customers who have a 2-3 year old bike, and are bringing all corsaros up to ~2008 spec. They even replaced a screw on the twistgrip because some people had complained that it started to rust!!

In short- don't be put off by the updates, it shows that morini and the dealers are committed, rather than the opposite! My bike ran great from new and runs even better with the updates, so I'm chuffed. The corsaro is a cracking bit of kit.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

I agree fully with Tom on this:

The 'older' bikes are being brought-in for upgrades on a bike-specific basis
(using each VIN number).
Some bikes requiring more than others, depending on the actual date they left the factory.

The end game being that every Corsaro will be brought up to the 2008 standard (or to a common standard).

I think the truth is that 'Moto Marelli' had probably rushed the earlier ECU mapping -this was a BIG mistake.
But thanks to modern technology we a granted the gift of improving reality.

The factory are even offering to de-tune the earlier Corsaro's to 'Avio' (120BHP) spec.

Buying used is a seriously viable alternative to new.

The factory is fully committed and in the UK: The importers '3X' are passionate about the bikes and Morini is a rising star.

All recent reviews that I have read (MCN, RIDE to name two) have been praising both the bikes and the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Stephen R
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Guys;

To answer the question - the Avio test was in the early May MCN "When Less is More". The tester was very impressed with the bike, reckoning that the "gentler" motor was easier to control than the standard Corsaro. THere is likely to be a test in the next MCS&L or similar... And there is always the MRC Morini Day on 14th June :D

To be honest, if you aren't ham fisted with the throttle, the Corsaro is a easy machine to control - like the advert has it - wheel connected directly to the throttle (or something) :wink:

There are faults with some bikes, but they get fixed pretty quickly, and as Tom says, in general the dealers are good and 3X have good contact with the factory...

Enjoy!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Amen to that - I agree with CC on all accounts.

Regards
Stephen R
Dorsetdave

Corsaro upgrades

Post by Dorsetdave »

Hi guys,

Many thanks for all the info it has made me a lot less nervous about buying secondhand.

One more question, where do you get a workshop manual to do the various bits and pieces that can be done without dealership charges.

Many thanks for all the help Cheers Dave