Ducatidiag (JpDiag) great news, and questions

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Chips1953

Re: Ducatidiag (JpDiag) great news, and questions

Post by Chips1953 »

OK sorry, my bike is so dirty because of the previous map, unburnt fuel, that it's not possible to see the inserts. Shame. :lol:
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MisterMorini

Post by MisterMorini »

Oops ... should have looked a bit better :mrgreen: Don't worry, in the past mine were as black as yours. :wink:
ben155

Post by ben155 »

MisterMorini wrote:Hi Zdenek,

In the aforementioned Google Drive there's a subdirectory called 'Guzzidiag'. In it there's a zip file called "bin-Flashfiles - 12 files.zip". There you have them, the most popular BIN files. :D
hi mrc :D
where is bin-Flashfiles - 12 files.zip?
can i download it?
MisterMorini

Post by MisterMorini »

ben155 wrote:
MisterMorini wrote:Hi Zdenek,

In the aforementioned Google Drive there's a subdirectory called 'Guzzidiag'. In it there's a zip file called "bin-Flashfiles - 12 files.zip". There you have them, the most popular BIN files. :D
hi mrc :D
where is bin-Flashfiles - 12 files.zip?
can i download it?
Well either the link in the topic 'Corsaro runs Rich'. Need to be logged in to Google for that.
But for convenience I sent you a download link per personal message. Now 14 files.
ben155

Post by ben155 »

Thank you very much MisterMorini , I appreciate it! :D
Impulsive_Duc

Post by Impulsive_Duc »

Hello, I am a visitor from the Ducati side of things. I wanted to post some information that may help our Guzzi fiends.
MisterMorini wrote:In the aforementioned Google Drive there's a subdirectory called 'Guzzidiag'. In it there's a zip file called "bin-Flashfiles - 12 files.zip". There you have them, the most popular BIN files. :D

DDG files cannot be converted easily to BIN files. The alternate method is what Günni from the German ital-web forum and also active on this forum did and that is to flash the DDG to the ECU using the old Ducatidiag Writer license and subsequently read them back in using the GuzziDiag IAW5xReader. He did this for all the interesting maps and the result is the ZIP file that you can find on the Google drive.
ei ollut käyttänyt TunerProta tai vastaavaa ohjelmaa tiedostojen muokkaamiseksi
Ducatidiag "reader" ei tehnyt avointa *.bin -tiedostoa vaan salatun *.ddg -tiedoston, jossa on myös kommentteja mukana. Muokkaamiseen oli saatavilla myös ilmainen ohjelma (http://ecmtool.free.fr/). Jos on tuota *.ddg -tiedostoa on muokannut tuolla ohjelmalla, pitäsi sen kansioista löytyä sama data *.tdr -tiedostona. Sen pitäisi mennä perille esim. 5AM ecuun myös GuzziDiag Writerilla (pienellä murinalla). Parasta on kuitekin lukea Ducatin 5AM ecu GuzziDiag Readerilla, niin tiedostosta tulee avoin *.bin -tiedosto, jonka kanssa GuzziDiag -työkaluilla jo pärjäileekin.
Use Google translate, you can do it without flashing ECU many many many times. Size is bit off, but works. Thank you Günni for testing!
MisterMorini wrote:
ben155 wrote:where is bin-Flashfiles - 12 files.zip?
Well either the link in the topic 'Corsaro runs Rich'. Need to be logged in to Google for that.
But for convenience I sent you a download link per personal message. Now 14 files.
This is what we need!! There is no more database of ECUs. Nobody had a copy, so everything was lost. Especially bad for Ducati's since there are hundreds of different ECU.
But need to be careful, need MAPS not FIRMWARE...
  • Firmware does not work (95% of time) on different models. Different hardware, sensors, injectors, dashboard.
  • MAPS are UNIVERSAL, with adjustment! Are just tables of numbers. Can compare graphs and visually see behavior.... rich, lean, etc.
Is anyone interested in making a MAP database for use in TunerPro / GuzziDiag? Can see 3d graphs of fuel curves, ignition timings, etc.
Most difficult part is making an appropriate XDF map file for a BIN. However, I have gotten better at it (for Ducati's) -- and Bernd / Pauldaytona have posted some very good starting templates.

I would very much like to rebuild a BIN+XDF library of stock maps for reference in case a dealer messes up a tume.
But would have to start from from scratch... logistics will be hard, making sure people don't do stupid things (90° ignition advance) harder.
Would also need to last a long time, and not crash suddenly. Any ideas?