oil

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
rod100

oil

Post by rod100 »

If only it were easier to look past the marketed image. Agip is recommended by MM for the Corsaro. 3X uses Silkolene (posh image; not cheap - and neither is the coolant!) In the case of strokers my local bike shop says Silkolene burns sooty, whereas Rock Oil burns cleanly. OK, that's just strokers, but maybe it rang a bell with soot manufacture in full swing in open Veloce pipes. Then there's the "don't use a fully synthetic for the first 5,000 miles" story. Has anyone any thoughts about the make of oil? Or any other oily thinking? :? (I remember some years ago people used to say the different brands filled tins from the same tanker.)
Beveldrive

Re: oil

Post by Beveldrive »

Both Morini and Ducati recommend Agip, personally I won't use Agip products on moral grounds due to their destruction of South American rain forests and exploitation of it's people. (Not that any petrochemical company can really lay claim to being a friend of the environment).

I've been using Castrol Edge Sport in my Veloce since it's first oil change, I don't believe brand names matter as much as just sticking to the correct specifications, although I'd be wary of the "El Cheapo" brands.
Last edited by Beveldrive on 15 Mar 2011 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

I use Putoline oils in all my bikes....

Putoline Syntec 4+ Fullly synthetic 10w60 in the Corsaro..
Dave H

Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT :)
Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 :lol:
Beta RR300 :mrgreen:
Beveldrive

Post by Beveldrive »

Forgot to mention that I dump the oil and filter from the Morini every 5000kays instead of the 10,000kays that the factory reccomends.
My old Ducati gets new oil and filter every 2000kays.