Modding my 07 Veloce

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Tim Coles

Modding my 07 Veloce

Post by Tim Coles »

Hi All

Just got some cash so going to blow it on my 07 Veloce, a suspension re-spring and re-valve is first to suit my lard arse. Then a DE-CAT and a PC III followed by fitting a radial brake master cylinder for a bit more breaking power and feel. I'd like to fit a bellypan but cannot seem to find one anywhere, I used to work as a glassfibre Laminator so I might have a go at making one and then taking a mold off it an knocking a few out. I had some real problems with my bike over pressurising the cooling system and blowing the bottom hose off but 3X seem to have finally sorted it, done over 3k since it last happened so I reckon its cured. I've done over 6000 miles on this bike and I'm still in love with it two of my mates rode it when we were at the Nurbergring last summer, they came straight back and bought nakeds. The only reason they didn't go Morirni was due to the ongoing factory problems but for a dedicated ZX10 rider to say it was the best fun he'd had in years after a go on it speaks volumes. So if anyone has some gear they want to sell that I might be interested in gimme a shout on the forum or E-Mail me at: tim.coles@ymail.com as I've not bought any bits yet. Finally has anyone tried fitting a 190 or 195 section rear tyre, a friend did it to his Tuono and it worked really well giving really good grip and not slowing the steering down.

Keep the faith

Tim
Tim Coles
corsaro chris

Re: Modding my 07 Veloce

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Tim;

The Morini factory Corsaro racer (which won its' class in the race series in both 2008 and 2009) was fitted with a belly pan. I suspect that you can find pictures of it on the web, and it was sponsored and run by the Venetian dealer, who probably offered it and other bits as after market extras. The 2010 club calendar has a good view of the bike taken during the club visit to Morini in October 2009...

Before the Factory troubles Morini were working on a sports version of the Corsaro ~ who knows what might happen in future? That would have spawned a range of bolt ons; the factory web site might still list the dealer details though (search under Italian dealers).

Good luck with the search, and keep us posted on developments!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
franky

Post by franky »

I wouldn't bother with a de-cat, just go straight for a the termi pipework to match the cans, it gave me much better gains than a cat alone.

I've a standard new set of radial brake/clutch master cylinders off a 08 spec veloce and some short billet levers if you're interested.

Also a set of carbon frame inserts(new) and a belly pan :D

I tried a 190 and went back to a 180/55, it just seems to turn a little nicer than a 190 and works well on track. It was a 190/50 though. I'm not sure if a 190/55 would fit.
AusVeloce

Post by AusVeloce »

Due to our dodgy roads in Aus I had the forks on my 08 Veloce re-valved to soften up the front end and it made a huge difference. The guy who re-built the forks told me that the factory had dialled everything to rock hard so with my lard arse on board the bike would shudder through the bends, now nice and smooth. Combine that with having just fitted Michelin Pures on both ends and can't be happier.

Recently had a Power Commander fitted and dynoed in combo with the Veloce ECM and it flys, love that torque!

Rode a mates Buell 1125 CR last week and at the risk of upsetting the Buell fraternity found that I prefer the Veloce for power and handling although the Buell brakes were more powerful.
Beveldrive

Post by Beveldrive »

corsaro chris wrote:Hi Tim;

The Morini factory Corsaro racer (which won its' class in the race series in both 2008 and 2009) was fitted with a belly pan. I suspect that you can find pictures of it on the web...
CC
Like this one?