Gran passo at STV motorcycles

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Mark N.I.

Re: Gran passo at STV motorcycles

Post by Mark N.I. »

Roofus, do you happen to know when the last time the valve clearances were checked?
Cheers
Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Mark, try Mullen motorcycles in Londonderry for Morini servicing. Morini dealer.
roofus

Post by roofus »

Pretty sure not long before I bought it ,Paul at stv should be able to clarify at what mileage ,cheers
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Thanks for that roofus, I'll maybe fire them a message in the coming weeks when we see whats happening with all these lockdowns.
Forgot about them mickey, other end of the country so don't know much about them but could be a good shout
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

They have claimed (to a friend / contact of mine) that the bike is sold - but that was over a month ago...

Several of the new Morini leak from the front cylinder on the near side; my GP does have a slight weep there, but not enough to affect the oil level significantly (i.e. - visual measurement) between service intervals. As I only wash the GP occasionally - Floyd would claim never - I don't really notice it enough to worry about it, and it never drips any oil on the garage floor. But then, I have an old British bike, so my reference levels are a little different...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Thanks for the info Chris, on both fronts.
It looks like that one might have the similar issue then, hardly a deal breaker, just the charm of it :D
roofus

Post by roofus »

It’s still for sale
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote:They have claimed (to a friend / contact of mine) that the bike is sold - but that was over a month ago...

Several of the new Morini leak from the front cylinder on the near side; my GP does have a slight weep there, but not enough to affect the oil level significantly (i.e. - visual measurement) between service intervals. As I only wash the GP occasionally - Floyd would claim never - I don't really notice it enough to worry about it, and it never drips any oil on the garage floor. But then, I have an old British bike, so my reference levels are a little different...

Good riding,

CC
What BMW owners used to refer to as "light misting" ?
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

roofus wrote:It’s still for sale
Thanks roofus.

72, I always believed Italian bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory
Painter

Post by Painter »

My old bike, I sold it 2 years ago for 3250, a bargain at the time, nothing wrong with it, I went right through it, having owned it for 4 years, bit over priced I think that’s why it still for sale, worth around 3950 ish?
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hi painter, good to hear its a well looked after bike.
I've hopefully another morini lined up but I keep an eye on the granpasso, just incase.
Cheers
Painter

Post by Painter »

Hi all
Such a shame this is priced where it is, I would consider buying it back , I spent a lot of time on this bike and know it very well. My modern bike is a Bmw r1200gs rallye with all the bells and whistles, but it does not really excite me like the GP, it’s all a bit refined, very quick competent and probably brilliant but I do have a hankering for my old GP. So if you are thinking of selling in my opinion don’t.
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Yeah I'd second that opinion of don't, I sold my 9.5 10 yrs ago and nothing has really compared since, so much so that all being well I've now agreed a sale on my second 9.5 :lol:
Painter

Post by Painter »

Yes, I am trying to hatch a plan myself, there is something about that engine, it’s almost alive like a living being.
Apart from the front forks there is nothing I would change and I believe you can get cartridges for them .
HTS8888

Post by HTS8888 »

Hi there everyone, pleased to say I now own this bike, it is epic, I love the engine, I am based near Moto Hub in Stoke which did my Scrambler mods, great lads, maybe see you around Wales area @painter?