a question about the wind screen

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
drakoniano

a question about the wind screen

Post by drakoniano »

Hi again,

how to move the wind screen? I know that it has 5 different positions but.....can't find it how. If someone can tell me how to move or with any photo please.... :)
corsaro chris

Re: a question about the wind screen

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi;

There's a lever below and behind the instrument panel. You pull it back and then you can move the screen, which pivots to give the 5 different positions. If you turn the knob on the lever it adjusts the height of the headlamps to compensate for the pillion passenger / weight of rider.

If you pm me with your e-mail address I'll send a pdf of the user manual, as you obviously don't have one!

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
drakoniano

Post by drakoniano »

thanks corsaro chris, i send you a pm with my email. I can't find the lever. if you can take a photo.... :)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Drakoniano;

I've sent a copy of the hand book, as it has a better photo than I could take, and covers off what is done to adjust the screen, and the headlight as well...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
drakoniano

Post by drakoniano »

yeah, thanks a lot. I will take a look when i come back to home.
drakoniano

Post by drakoniano »

Hi again,

I read your manual and found the "button" on the bike, but in the manual only shows where it is, how it works? I Tried pushing down the "button" and try to moving the wind screen but its looks like could be broke (same if i move left or right the "button").

Any advice?

Thanks again
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Drakoniano;

Using one finger, press the top of the lever towards the tank (backwards) and keep it there; this will free up the ratchet and allow the screen to rotate backwards and forwards. This lowers and raises the screen - if it is in the lowest position already it will only move forwards, which raises the top. There are four other positions, and if you release the lever you'll feel the ratchet engage and keep the screen in place as you move it. The "button" moves backwards / forwards, not sideways!

Turning the knob on the lever will raise / lower the headlamp, which is on a plate connected to this lever by a cable; this allows you to adjust for different ride heights (clockwise raises the beam) which result in carrying luggage and / or a pillion. Useful; if the dip beam goes (after about 11,000 kilometres) you can put it on the lowest position and ride without blinding people coming the other way!

Hope that this helps :)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
drakoniano

Post by drakoniano »

yeah, your post is very helpfull. Thanks again. I will try this afternoon :)