Gran Passo

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Chris,
I is my understanding that production of the GP started this month and therefore there will be a short(!?) delay before the bikes are in the showrooms.

July 15th is just another day in Italy!

Obviously 3X, as importers will have the first ones and I just hope that MM get enough units shipped to ensure that they can be distributed before the end of the summer.

I was at 3X on Saturday and asked specifically when the GP was due-in.

Promise to let the forum know as soon as I have seen one 'in the metal'.

Regards to all.
Stephen R
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Stephen, all;

My understanding is that the GP is likely to arrive at the beginning of August...

Remember that in Italy many factories close down for the summer holiday, so if we don't get some then we're unlikely to see them until the beginning of September :(

Fingers crossed!!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Hi Chris,
Good point about the factory shut-downs - I'd forgotten about that.

Unless of course the MM factory 'burns the midnight oil'.

Personally I think priority should have been given to the launch of the 'GP'
over the 1200 Sport.

I guess that there is a lot more new detailing with the 'GP' - Much more of this bike is truly 'new' and as I don't run a motorcycle factory there could be any number of logistical or production considerations.

Buyers of bikes in the adventure category tend to keep them for longer and I hate the thought of any of those potential 'GP' buyers choosing the BMW default, or a KTM because they are unwilling to wait any longer.

Shame that the first two to bikes couldn't go to 'Charlie and Ewan'....
('Faster Way Down'?) and then watch the order books fill-up!

Regards
Stephen R
trix

Post by trix »

i have it on very good authority that we will not see one until after the italian holiday and every one that is coming into the country is already sold so the next batch availible to dealers will be october.

Also there is a rumour Charlie has been offered one to ride back from the factory to England ummmmm hope its true and he takes up the offer as someone once said every little helps.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All interested in the GP and its market - here is an advert posted on YouTube via Sky from the factory to drool over whilst you wait for the metal to arrive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7bmMi4P6WI

The writing on the book cover translates into "The life and the beautiful road"...

Dream on 8)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

1st test ride on GrandPasso

Whilst in Germany at Maniac Motors I viewed for the 1st time a white GrandPasso - what a bike and much better than the Stelvio.

I was luky enough to have a shoert test rided (down the raod & back) and it seems great.
tecmoto

Post by tecmoto »

hello nfitz

Was this a prototype as we have been told no production models have left the factory yet.

On another note ive just struck a deal with maniac to import their after market parts will have them on the web site soon. Also going to stock the factory carbon parts,apparell etc and ventura luggage, if anyone knows of any quality after market parts from abroad let me know and ill look at puting them on the shelf of course a discount will be offered to club members. :D
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

I have a Hattech rack for my corsaro which is absolutely brilliant. Clips on in place of the pillion seat so you can carry luggage/topbox etc without having to modify the bike or permanently fit any parts.

www.hattech.de
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

techmoto - sorry for the delay in responding to your post but ive been away on holiday.

The Grandpasso at ManiacMotors in Nurenberg Germany was not a prototype but a productin unit for sale. It was in white and looked and rode superbly!

Cheers Nigel
tecmoto

Post by tecmoto »

Update for you.......

They leave the factory for the uk on the 10th of sept
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

looks like the Germany get bikes before us in the Uk then!
tecmoto

Post by tecmoto »

MM have targeted Italy and Germany with their marketing so they will get bikes spares etc first, they have left the marketing in this country to the dealers and that relies on the dealers being interested enough in the marque to promote them.
The word is getting out though.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Morini may be concentrating their marketing on the home and German markets, but their web site still does not show either the Gran Passo or Sport under Moto - even in the home language!

For information the German importers pdf spec sheet - katalog - is hard to beat - go to http://www.morini.de/ :)

Good riding!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

The Gran Passo is now in the dealers [to-day at least - they're all likely to sell pretty fast...] with more due in October.

Who will be the first owner on the Forum??? :lol:

Good riding,
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Go here;

http://www.motomorini.co.uk/images/snm30037&8&9.jpg

for picture of 3 Gran Passo at NLM...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"