Farewell

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
Ming

Farewell

Post by Ming »

Hello all, this is most likely my last post as I no longer have a Morini and haven’t renewed.
I’ve enjoyed my 20 odd years of ownership of various models - Kanguros the most - but time and aching bones have won.
To quote from Douglas Adams HHGTG, ”So long, and thanks for all the fish”.

Bonne route!
72degrees

Re: Farewell

Post by 72degrees »

Ming wrote: 31 Dec 2023 06:18 Hello all, this is most likely my last post as I no longer have a Morini and haven’t renewed.
I’ve enjoyed my 20 odd years of ownership of various models - Kanguros the most - but time and aching bones have won.
To quote from Douglas Adams HHGTG, ”So long, and thanks for all the fish”.

Bonne route!
Bonne chance!

Though your contribution to the Font Of All Knowledge that is this forum will be missed. There is no rule that you must be a MRC member, own or even ride a Morini to take part in the discussions here. I still subscribe to a FB group dedicated to Toyota Granvia vehicles though I haven't owned one for two years. Sometimes my experience of having run one for 10 years is helpful to those still using them.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hello Ming,

Sorry to see you go. Enjoy your retirement.

As Mr 72 says, you experience would prove useful here.

Mike.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

I don’t really think that you have to leave the forum, as others have said it would a shame to lose all your knowledge and experience.
Regards Pete.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

I agree that your contributions and support remain most welcome. I still remember the photos of your collection of Moto Morinis from a few years ago which inspired me to get to know you and then visit you in June 2022. Your hospitality (and your local food and wines) were well worth the trip to the centre of France and the 500 mile ride back home.

And if we can't entice you to stay then fare well and I hope you continue to enjoy riding your remaining collection of bikes. Thank you again.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

PS: I think you still have some Moto Morini spares tucked away in your shed, so you continue to have the soul of Moto Morini close by you :)
Ming

Post by Ming »

After these tear jerking replies ( :roll: ) I think it would be very rude not to tag along - thanks.
I think Julian may well recall the contents of my spares cupboard. Once over Covid ( I have the man version) I’ll post some tempting photos. The problem is the post-B..... delivery costs!
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Ming wrote: 04 Jan 2024 06:23 After these tear jerking replies ( :roll: ) I think it would be very rude not to tag along - thanks.
I think Julian may well recall the contents of my spares cupboard. Once over Covid ( I have the man version) I’ll post some tempting photos. The problem is the post-B..... delivery costs!
<Scans screen for the [Like] button ;) >
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

The news of Ming's leaving has been greatly exaggerated!
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

That made me smile Mr Moto.
Regards Pete.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Neat thread!

Maybe we need to change that old saying (You either only ever have one Morini or never have just one Morini...)?

Suggestions, anyone - and thanks for all the shared info over past times!

Good riding for 2024
"I'll use the Morini"