Blast from the past.

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
72degrees

Blast from the past.

Post by 72degrees »

I'm currently sorting through old photographs getting ready for a planned house move (solicitors instructed, but "many a slip..."). So old that they are monochrome - OK not really, but I must have shot a roll of 'black & white' on my ancient Halina for artistic effect or something.

So guess they year. I'm fairly certain because of the very specific 'track action' shot.

By The Way, the enforced shed declutter may yield more Morini unobtainium I can actually bring myself to part with. No takers on the late 2C seat, so down to the tip it will go.
MRC1small.jpg
MRC1small.jpg (490.42 KiB) Viewed 6713 times
MickeyMoto

Re: Blast from the past.

Post by MickeyMoto »

1979 or 80?

Amazing how slim we were before take aways and sitting on our asses all day!
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

MickeyMoto wrote: 06 Feb 2022 15:13 1979 or 80?

Amazing how slim we were before take aways and sitting on our asses all day!
Close but no cigar. Clue - the action shot is the infamous MRC Mallory Track day.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

I was there that day too. It was a short day if I recall! Can't remember what year though. 1981 maybe?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Wasn’t 19 your bike anyway? So who took the photo?
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Yes, 19 was the 'Rotarini'. 250 SWM Rotax air cooled 2T in a Morini 2C frame with 250 forks and rear wheel.

86 sounds right. The Noise Abatement notice was served in December 1985.I remember taking that bike on the day before the event, at the request of Mr B Straw I think, as noise testing was mooted.

We started off using the full circuit, but after a while we were stopped from using the hairpin (closest to the new houses). Finally they stopped the fun altogether. I dare say that Rotax expansion chamber with a TZ250 'silencer' was a factor :(

Good Point Well Made. The middle photo has EON281V - so not the 'road test' 2C machine I still have. Also possibly Robin Sims' 500 in that shot - could be the MRC IomTT meet at Glen Helen? Top one looks like a BMF Rally shot. Perhaps Robin took the photos, or Chris Webber?

A mystery.
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Middle picture far left looks like Paul Evans to me
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

That middle picture, the car park of the Highlander maybe? If it was 1978 I was there too!
And as well as getting the Mallory year wrong I couldn't possibly have been there anyway that year!
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Looks like that is a KJ 125 in the middle of the show photo, looking at the LHS run of the exhaust, and perhaps the graphic on the seat?
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Yes, it does look more like The Highlander than Glen Helen. I can't remember what year the pub became a restaurant and we had to change to Glen Helen.

I seem to recall a Kangurino Junior at the BMF show - probably when they first became available in the UK?

Of course the shots may not all be from the same year - though almost certainly from the same roll of film. At least with transparencies each one has a date. No clue on the envelope for these. Anyway, another couple of Morini machines (and a face) that may give a clue. The rest are clearly IoM TT shots. I could always look up the archived results and try to identify riders - (No 2 and No 8 feature) !

MRC3.jpg
MRC3.jpg (435.7 KiB) Viewed 6639 times
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Wow! That last picture! I know the electric fuel taps were always questionable but that young man has absolutely nailed it. My question is, how did he work that severed hand on the fuel tap? A button on the bars maybe? Brings a whole new meaning to remote control.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Steve Brown wrote: 08 Feb 2022 11:24 Wow! That last picture! I know the electric fuel taps were always questionable but that young man has absolutely nailed it. My question is, how did he work that severed hand on the fuel tap? A button on the bars maybe? Brings a whole new meaning to remote control.
<VBG>
Definitely not "hand across the tank" for gear change vintage style ;)
norbert

Post by norbert »

This hand reminds me of the Adams Family :lol:
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Slightly depressing, that all the Reg Nos. decipherable relate to Morinis not Taxed or MoT'd since the early 2000s or before.

We must look after 'the few'.