Poppy cock and Banter

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
MickeyMoto

Poppy cock and Banter

Post by MickeyMoto »

(Bollocks - a word that is common currency and is no longer a swear word, which is a shame. Effing politicins ruin everything...)
MickeyMoto wrote:
I am sure somebody will be along shortly...

Now Mr Moto - a few weeks ago you told me off for making a political joke on your Morini forum - now I object to you posting a poorly veiled insult towards another member.

Now then, Mr Ming. Yes, you are quite right, but please let me give you me defence, your honour. (Put the black wig away, please). I have moved this to a new Topic to keep the original one 'clean'.

With respect to your joke, I did not see a connection between somebody in NL having a stash of mudguards Brexit. Maybe it was too subtle for me. Anyway, I think anything that is Brexit related should be kept out of forums as it is too contentious and to misquote Winnie 'Never has so much shit be spoken by so many to no end'. People have their own political views, and some have none. I have been very careful keeping which of the four options I chose to myself, so that I would not 'have a view' on something where people are about to come to blows. The way things are going I can see riots in the not too distant future, I do not want to be a pert of that. This is no place, in my opinion, for people to fight over politics. We are all Morini fans (I hope!). I have seen other forums where people like to give their opinion and poke the Hornets' nest. I do apologise to you, as you caught me on a bad day, but I still think this should be a politics free zone, within reason... this does not mean that I agree or disagree with you. I may well be on the same side of the argument.

Anyway, on to the other subject. When somebody decides to spouts absolutle poppy cock about anybody being able to be a mechanical engineer, then this is, I am afraid, fair game to me. If he cant take it then that is not my fault. I am sure we all have different skills, and believe me, I know I am not a mechanical engineer. I knew this when I was sixtenn and was banned from the college workshop after the second lathe chuck key hurtled across the workshop... :)

Anyway, I bet matey does not know what an Erlang is, let alone the difference between pure chance and smooth traffic. Grade of Service? No?

So, if matey shuts up when somebody says they just want to be a mechanic and fit a part somebody has skillfully made then I will stop taking the piss.

Just my thoughts... :)
Ming

Re: Poppy cock and Banter

Post by Ming »

Feel better now?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Aye :)
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

sir,
Anyway, I bet matey does not know what an Erlang is, let alone the difference between pure chance and smooth traffic. Grade of Service? No?
I know I am sad but I know about queuing theory and Erlangs , I used to work for Nortel... who took over STC.
I now work for a well know Japanese conglomerate but we can't make a Nuclear power station for you.
My daughter studied queuing theory in second year in her maths degree but she couldn't turn up a bifurcating nurdling grommet.
That's at least three of us and if you want to take on probability theory I reckon there's a few more that have dabbled with traffic shaping, but can't hone a guide.
I have other skills but I can't paint, dance or sing but I admire those who can. Each to his/her own and we are richer for it.
Do I need to buy a lathe?

yours faithfully
Mark
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Blimey, good to know it isn't just me. Unfortunately, not many people understand telephony traffic and the principles apply to VoIP, too. It shows in the rubbish quality of voice communications.

No, a lathe is not required. A big hammer and some metric spanners will suffice...