End of an Era

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
72degrees

End of an Era

Post by 72degrees »

Happy imminent retirement to Stuart Mayhew of North Leicester Motorcycles. Full story in 'A Tutto Gas'.
norbert

Re: End of an Era

Post by norbert »

All the best wishes for Stuart from Lübeck!!!
He should meet up with Wolfgang Tritsch, who retired himself in the beginning of this year, to share some well deserved pints! These two persons have made it possible that we could survive with our buitiful machines the way we did.

norbert
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I would have loved to get my hands on the spares department.. child in a sweetshop!!!

Going on line is ok, but I like to talk about things, show Rob what I am looking for, trawl through the parts books, ask a question and get an immediate answer from the voice of experience...

I hope that we do not lose the parts experience... and the MRC discount!

Who are the dealers who fettle Morinis alluded to in the article? One in Brissol, Shaftesbury (?), anywhere else? Be good to have a list.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

MickeyMoto wrote:I would have loved to get my hands on the spares department.. child in a sweetshop!!!

Going on line is ok, but I like to talk about things, show Rob what I am looking for, trawl through the parts books, ask a question and get an immediate answer from the voice of experience...

Who are the dealers who fettle Morinis alluded to in the article? One in Brissol, Shaftesbury (?), anywhere else? Be good to have a list.
Indeed. I may make a pilgrimage soon to climb those creaky stairs one more time. One or two items to pick up for the winter project.

Mid West Moto are very keen but I'm not sure they want to get in to working on air cooled Morinis (though there is a 175 Turismo in the showroom).
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

[quote="MickeyMoto"]I would have loved to get my hands on the spares department.. child in a sweetshop!!!

What’s happening to Rob is he retiring or moving over to the new company?
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

NLM will be very missed. I always loved the vibe there & will regret it's passing. Heaven know, Stuart's earned his retirement though!

I do hope Rob has a secure future ahead of him. That kind of guy, (especially with that depth of knowledge), should not be wasted.

Good luck to all!
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

What’s happening to Rob is he retiring or moving over to the new company?
You've clearly never met Rob!

He's far, far, too young to retire.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
norbert

Post by norbert »

Would anybody be so kind to tell those who don´t have the ATG what will happen with all the stuff of Stuart, if and how the buisiness will go on, if it will be posible to ask for parts ...
I have already received some e-mails from the spanish chapter that they don´t get no response. Everybody is very sad about the retirement of Stuart and Wolfgang, without doubting that both of them did more than deserve their well earned retirement.
When I do have the personal allowance from the succesor of Wolfgang Tritsch I´ll inform you abut his contact dates. These dtas where anounced for the lat number of La Strega, but didn´t show up.

Our internacional solidarity is more needed than ever, so let´s see how we can manage to get these bikes running!!!

norbert
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Someone has just posted this letter , in 'another place', so I hope the ATG editor won't mind me putting it here.
nlm.jpg
nlm.jpg (74.58 KiB) Viewed 12705 times
norbert

Post by norbert »

Mille grazie!

That sounds a bit better than my fears.

norbert
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Another place? Do tell.i don't have time to check every where as I'm writing issue 357, and decorating the kitchen to earn some brownie points at home from the rally organiser.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

SupermotoDave wrote:Another place? Do tell.i don't have time to check every where as I'm writing issue 357, and decorating the kitchen to earn some brownie points at home from the rally organiser.
Zuckerburg's realm on the Moto Morini Motorcycles Group page.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

72degrees wrote:
SupermotoDave wrote:Another place? Do tell.i don't have time to check every where as I'm writing issue 357, and decorating the kitchen to earn some brownie points at home from the rally organiser.
Zuckerburg's realm on the Moto Morini Motorcycles Group page.
Ah, the tax haven... :)
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

After visiting NLM yesterday I understand that sadly Rob will not be employed beyond christmas. :(
Some of the larger and slow moving spares are being sorted now for shipment to Yorkshire,
so if you need items for a winter project you would be better ordering it now.
If you can possibly make it to Leicestershire,do it for one last time to say a huge thanks
to Stuart and Rob for keeping our Morinis on the road all these years.
Mark
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

mbmm350s wrote:After visiting NLM yesterday I understand that sadly Rob will not be employed beyond christmas. :(
Some of the larger and slow moving spares are being sorted now for shipment to Yorkshire,
so if you need items for a winter project you would be better ordering it now.
If you can possibly make it to Leicestershire,do it for one last time to say a huge thanks
to Stuart and Rob for keeping our Morinis on the road all these years.
Mark
<Makes note in calendar for next Tuesday>

Any idea if Rob has a favourite tipple? He has been helping me keep my wee vee on the road for longer than I can remember - certainly since Hollywood Yamaha closed down.