Club Products - what should they be?

Jem

Club Products - what should they be?

Post by Jem »

I am the new "enthusiastic" (thank you, Steve) products secretary. I see products as important for a host of reasons: members & owners want to show their loyalty, commitment and enthusiasm for Morinis by buying, clothing & badges, the club provides a service by offering parts which are no longer available through commercial channels and, not to be dismissed, the club makes money to support other services which it provides.

What I am keen to find out is what products people want, what designs and colours are favoured and what products we have that simply no-one wants.

Once I've completed the stocktake there will be more postings!
Ballacraine

Post by Ballacraine »

I wouldn't want to compromise any relationship you may / may not have with NLM, but how about offering owners manuals, workshop manuals, parts lists etc. Sold on at a modest profit they might help club funds?

Further down the road maybe look at sourcing aftermarket replacements for obsolete parts...Even if it were on an occasional basis based on demand?

Nige. 8)
In faecorum semper solum profundum variat.
Jem

Post by Jem »

I'm looking into this. I don't see that anyone has a monopoly of reproductions of factory publications. I would like to see reproductions with added value (english translation!) for as many models - pre as well as post V-twin.
There is of course the project in hand of producing a new manual based on the experience within the club.
Ballacraine

Post by Ballacraine »

Jem wrote:I'm looking into this. I don't see that anyone has a monopoly of reproductions of factory publications. I would like to see reproductions with added value (english translation!) for as many models - pre as well as post V-twin.
There is of course the project in hand of producing a new manual based on the experience within the club.
This may well be the way to go.

I can see there is real value in documenting the experiences of ownership.
Whilst the refubishment of my '77 350 Sport is on hold pending moving house, I still would like to put my name down for a copy of that new manual being compiled, please?

TIA

Nige. 8)
In faecorum semper solum profundum variat.
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Jem,

I don't know if this is any use to you or not, but I have just finished putting together the UK Buell group's 2007 calendar.

Run a "bike photo competition" - take the best 13 entries (front cover too!) and get a print shop to produce a calendar. You need guaranteed subscriptions in advance but - as an example - we did a print of 100 at a unit price of £6.60: sold them for £10 each and expect to make £250 ish (net of postage etc) profit to go to the Buell site running costs.

No secrets disclosed here - all the Buell owners know exactly what the cost / profit is.

Would this be something the Morini site would want to do - how many takers would there be? (BTW this is not me volunteering for the task!)

Just a thought,

Quasar
Chrisb

Manual for 3 1/2

Post by Chrisb »

I have been asked by my wife to see if anyone is interested in a hand typed manual maqrketted by HARGLO Ltd written byJ W Harrisonowned by her late husband who was killed on this bike!!
Manual is in immaculate condition except for two pieces of masking tape on the front cover and two drops of brown liquid (Coffee)
It is 34 pages long with diagrams and typed text.