Morinis in the press

MickeyMoto

Morinis in the press

Post by MickeyMoto »

I see our Products Secretary has a new career as a journalist.

Be selling autographed copies of the article soon!

Are Morons short of full time journalists? We should all send in Morini articles.... One way of getting the bikes more exposure.

BTW no more MCSL for me. It has gone down hill. Bike mag is the best, in my opinion.
MarkB

Re: Morinis in the press

Post by MarkB »

And my Strada had a photo in Practical Sportsbikes: the photo was actually in an article about wiring, and was just a close-up of the nightmare of earth wires underneath the instruments.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Ah, now a copy of Motorcycle Sport and Leisure has arrived and Mike's message makes sense: a good article by Chris Webber about touring in Europe on the Gran Passo. I was expecting to see Morini mentioned in the Forgotten Adventure Bikes article, but Chris managed to get a whole feature of his own.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

The only disappointing thing is that I did not learn the gauge of the railway at Lens railway station from the article..........
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

MarkB wrote:Ah, now a copy of Motorcycle Sport and Leisure has arrived and Mike's message makes sense: a good article by Chris Webber about touring in Europe on the Gran Passo. I was expecting to see Morini mentioned in the Forgotten Adventure Bikes article, but Chris managed to get a whole feature of his own.
How do you know it was Chris? In my day MCS articles were always attributed to just initials. Though I suppose 'CJW' would give the game away if nothing else ;)
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

As Mike said, it must have gone downhill! Very different from the old red-and-white striped cover days. And the photos were a bit of a giveaway. MCB.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Used to love the old mag. Some brilliant writers.

The latest is not a patch on the old mag.

Bike still has the old experienced motorcyclist mentality, although I miss Ogri.....
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I stopped subscribing shortly after they added the 'Leisure'. The best bit of the old MCS was sometimes the letters pages. Some epic 'discussions' in the old days. Mind you, there was a period when if a marque didn't begin with V it didn't get much coverage. I seem to recall the three Moriniteers sending them a postcard from The Island around the time the Corsaro was launched. Memory fails me on what it said exactly, but I think the phrase "white goods" featured.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

You're all correct, of course!

It was better when it was 'The Book', and when it adopted the title MCS&L it seemed to lose any sense of direction. Originally it was part of a much smaller and more enthusiast orientated publisher, although to be fair it's good that it was saved a few years ago. But there are better out there now...

For my part I miss 'One Track' and five pages of informed letters, as well as the more detailed reports on happenings. The internet stops news reports now, I guess, as any sports coverage is several months behind these days! Other publications seem to cover the events that interest me - I guess that's advancing years?

The gauge at Lens? Same as in the UK, my dear Mickey.just with grown-up sized motive power (which is why UK and Continental models are to different scales...)

Wonder if they'd print an article on a bunch of Morini on the IoM, white goods or no?

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Ah yes...dear old MSL.

I remember the old version..or The BMW Boxer & MZ Owners Club Magazine, as it could perhaps have been more accurately described? It was indeed strangely readable though, regardless of the "bushy beard" focus. It clearly didn't have a future by remaining with that customer base though.

My good brother & I both subscribe to MSL, but still consider it a bit "yellow vest" & "flip up helmet" for us 2 ageing Sports bike types. That said, at least they aren't actually Sports bike racists, which the likes of Bike & especially Ride are often guilty of. The latter being a truly paint drying & "wannabe copper" experience. What MSL does best is Industry interviews & old/forgotten bike features. For us two 50 somethings, it's the best hybrid of the retro bike & modern bike elements of our beloved sport. Of the 7 mags I subscribe to, it gets the second place for me....and gave us good Morini coverage this month!

I'm afraid Bike is just too adventure bike & yard bike focused for us. The former is of course a good market to be into, though the yard/boutique bike stuff is just plain strange to me! Each to their own chaps...but we've probably got much more of a chance of coverage for our marque in Bike & MSL, than any of the other mags. Maybe they both merit our ongoing support??

Cheers

Gary