Frustrating or what !

The Cagiva era Morinis
BOF

Frustrating or what !

Post by BOF »

As a new owner of a Dart, my plan was to do a bit of fettling, fit the new after market can, which is lovely and shiny and attend Stinkwheel so all you Dart fans could come and have a chat, but I have done my ankle a rather large piece of damage so no riding for at least six weeks.

On the forum front, now that the envelope has been reopened (re Darts) would anybody like to start a new topic.
All the best

BOF
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Sorry about your ankle, hope you will be darting about soon.

My Dart is on the road but I have not had much opportunity to ride it this year, preferring my new toy for the longer jaunts, especially 2 up. This winter I intend replacing the exhaust (as well as sorting a couple of little niggles), maybe even taking the engine out for a look at the top end. You say you have a new 'can', what did you go for? I would also like to replace the collector box and may look to get a Y-Piece made up in Stainless. Do you still have your original collector box?

Thanks,

Mike (MM)
BOF

Post by BOF »

The Y piece had been replaced with a home made collector box, works very well, I chose a Yamaha R1 after market can made by The Carbon Can Co, it's about the same size as the one it's replacing.
I have not fitted it yet as it,s a bit awkward trying to stand on one leg making sure I do not contact anything harder than fresh air with my other ankle.
I will let you know the result when it's on (may even post a pic).
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

I had a carbon can co can on mine when it was still a 350. Sounded great and looked well proportioned as it was about the same size as the original can. One point of warning (applies to the standard dart can too) -make sure you check the can-to-swingarm clearance on full bounce. It can come into contact with the swingarm and sometimes you need to space it out a bit. If you look at the swingarm of most darts you'll see a mark where the two have been coming into contact. Mine has a nasty gouge worn in. One day I'll find a new swingarm...

Best wishes with the recovery and welcome to dart ownership!