New Member, Long-Time Morinisti

Club matters
danomar

New Member, Long-Time Morinisti

Post by danomar »

Hello-

My name is Daniel. I bought my first Morini 3.5 Sport-ized Strada (Strada motor but everything else as a 1978 Sport) in 1988. When an elderly woman decided to deprive me of that bike by running through an intersection, I bought a basket-case 1975 Sport. I am apparently not the rebuilding type, so I sold it to Carl Nyberg and procured the next 1978 Sport that I found. I still ride it more than ten years later. It will never be sold.

I remember my first Morini ride. It was so utterly Italian that I fell in love with it. I even went so far as to borrow a helmet and ride it nearly 200 miles home, not a feat for the uninitiated! I have owned many other fine motorcycles, but my Sport is still the most fun on two wheels I have ever experienced.

From learned experience, I have left the bike mostly as originally configured. I did put NLM-special Hagon shocks on and installed Progressive fork springs intended for an RD400. I had Vintage Brakes turn down the front brake rotor to take off the chrome and they also cut grooves for water dissipation. A braided steel front brake line finished that part. It has a 520 chain and respective sprockets, no major change there. I still want to put rear sets on but cannot bring myself to part with the kick-start lever. I am no fan of Tarozzis.

I hope I can provide a positive contribution to this forum.

Vrrooom!
Morinijen

Post by Morinijen »

Greetings Daniel.. :)

That's a very smart looking bike you have there!

Jenny.
mantaray

Post by mantaray »

Welcome :D :D
Nice bike
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hi and welcome.
Very nice bike you got there, looks very smart

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro