Latest factory news

Club matters
unbelievable

Re: Latest factory news

Post by unbelievable »

When I heard that Moto Morini were being bought last summer I felt relieved. I thought "Great, they'll start producing bikes and I'll be able to get parts again."

The factory was due to re-open in January... then... nothing.

Now this, one of the most poorly conceived marketing campaigns to a yet more ill-conceived business model - an auction? for one model?? with 20 bids being accepted every day??? I wonder how many bids they got today after the glimpse of a rear tyre.

The comments on this website speak volumes and unfortunately I agree with most of them.

I really love my Veloce and do sincerely hope Morini succeed, but I think they've got it very, very wrong at the moment.
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Actually I'm getting quite excited. Under today's advent calendar window there's a sandwich box (or is it one of those George Forman frier things ? ) !

Yours equally perplexed/depressed

Pete
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Oh dear..............

For those who haven't seen it. http://www.motomorinimotorcycles.eu/ind ... ge=rebello

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. For those hoping for a svelt single, the frst glimpses revealed it was just a monster V-twin rehash. But this !

I stand by my sandwich maker comement. It just seems they've added a bread bin to go with it now. It looks as areodynamic as a brick and makes a V-max look elegent.

I can hear the liquidators janggling their keys as I speak
toggy

Post by toggy »

Thats just weird . i can't decide if i like it or not ,its kinda mesmerising.Or am i just stunned?
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Under 200Kgs! :) 830mm seat height! :(

Reminds me a bit of the Philippe Strack designed Voxan VX10 - and we know how they ended up.
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

For my lire, It's less fugly than the Diavel, Brutale, any modern KTM and the bloody VMax :shock: To me, that electric tailpiece is reminiscent of a Sport, even if it is engineering for the sake of it.

Honestly, let's hope those who like it actually buy it, the factory survives, diversifies into smaller, prettier bikes and we can all get some sleep! Failing that, the factory was so cheap for them to buy, we all chip in a fiver, have a go ourselves and see how simple it is to launch the elusive new lightweight we all crave from scratch ... not.
Cheers,
Dom
MRC 3082½
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Yes - it's got some good features, and looks serious enough to be bought by many - hopefully. Take a look at the You Tuve video. And the Scrambler, Corsaro and GP return to production, so there should be spares around again... As I said before - Factory visit in 2013, anyone?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Latest Morini

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Well most people have had their say and yes its not the best looking puppy in the litter, however most are missing the point.
This is no different to the Diavel which has for all its ugly lines has been a success.
Morini have been clever here, this is not a production bike its more of a concept which will be made to demand.
No unsold stock here, no cash flow issues, just production to meet demand.
This is a niche product, not my cup of tea but there are some out there who want a muscle bike.
I say lets support Morini for daring to be different. Anyway lets not judge the bike until we ridden it.
Most who cast opinions on Modern Morini's have never owned one and as we all know its the ride that counts.
If we want a small V or a single then lets petition the factory to make one.
They clearly want to make to order, so lets put them to the test.

Safe Riding

Paul
Alfonso70

Post by Alfonso70 »

Has anyone else seen the New Moto Morini Rebello video and Photos on Italian Motor Magazines blog page!!!! Not sure what to make of it really, its now three and a half!
vtxbrit

Post by vtxbrit »

I love my Morini.........................but there is only one word for the new Rebello....YUK :( :oops: :(
Corsaro Veloce
Aprilia TuonoV4 APRC
4V 500 Weslake Barber grass tracker
2V 500 Jawa Hagon grasstracker
500 Jap 4B Barber grasstracker
500 Jap 5stud jawa speedway
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

New factory web site up and running from monday 30th. still a few glitches to iron out.
I dont think the service centre list is correct when i spoke to them last week they had three in uk but couldn`t confirm which three they did confirm three cross wasn`t one of them. I think list on web site is old dealer list.
If anybody fancy`s a factory tour dont get too excited yet I think that is a while away yet.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Thanks Butch, and good to see you at Bristol - sorry I missed you at Stafford! (I brought up a magazine with the last Factory visit in - pm me with a postal address...)

Morini are launching the new Rebello at the 23rd Morini weekend; here's the link to the Factory site with details (also posted under events);

http://www.motomorinimotorcycles.eu/ind ... 59&lang=en

Other bikes offered are the Corsaro Veloce, Scrambler and Gran Passo.

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Love the configuurator. Anybody for a military gree painted, yellow framed, gold engined Gran Passo?

€12k = £9.6k? plus delivery?

Cheaper than before?

Mike.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

MCN have a two page article on the facrory in the current issue; pages 20/21 if you want to read it in your local library (that's WHSmith for those outside the UK).

Don't expect anything outstanding, except that they've sold sixty odd bikes already and only expect to make and sell 80 this year (that's their maximun capacity). MCN will ride the Rebello towards the end of the year. It's probably the Italian correspondant, so some-one better at it than me could Google the Italian papers and get the full story. :)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"