Latest factory news

Club matters
toggy

Re: Latest factory news

Post by toggy »

Latest news
MOTO MORINI TO BE AUCTIONED FOR 5. 5 MILLION EUROS

18:48 18 FEB 2011

(AGI) Bologna -The legendary Bologna company Moto Morini will be auctioned on April 13 at 1.3 p.m. for 5.5 million euro including the building in Casalecchio di Reno (Bologna). Should the minimum price be reached, said bankruptcy officer Piero Aicardi, the offers will be accepted just for the company and not the building. This sum includes two years use of the building . .

http://www.agi.it/english-version/busin ... lion_euros
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

All set up for a come back, lets hope so :D
rod100

Post by rod100 »

Further to a point already made in this thread, I just wonder what it would take to give the MM website a few decent pictures and words. It wouldn't have to be interactive with bells and whistles, just something to celebrate what has been achieved and what might one day live again. Thinking off the top of my head, we would need dialogue with the MM website manager in the first instance, offering images and perhaps testimonials. Or perhaps the club could even offer to take over as custodian of the official website and keep it alive. Does anyone know if this contact is feasible? (I could struggle slow-time with the Italian language if it were needed, as no doubt could others.)
vtxbrit

Post by vtxbrit »

Hi Fellow MM owners, Here's an obvious question ......where do we stand with spare parts at present? And if the company disappears into the ether like so many other great manufactures would there be anybody holding spares for current models or are we all up a gum tree. :cry:
Corsaro Veloce
Aprilia TuonoV4 APRC
4V 500 Weslake Barber grass tracker
2V 500 Jawa Hagon grasstracker
500 Jap 4B Barber grasstracker
500 Jap 5stud jawa speedway
unbelievable

Post by unbelievable »

Looks like there may be some interest in the upcoming auction...

EDIT: or buying out the debt before the auction even happens as this more enlightening article seems to suggest.
stillooking

Post by stillooking »

Powered by the sun! Well, it's quite imaginative isn't it? If MMorini can re-start production on the back of energy grants then that'll do, not sure if it will happen though.

At least the money would be going to good use rather than wasting energy grants on Windmills :)
toggy

Never ending story

Post by toggy »

How long will this go on for ,its torture.
http://cmgonline.com/content/view/3418/80/

Bankrupt Italian bike company, Moto Morini is still looking for a buyer.

The Italian motorcycle manufacturer went on the auction block yesterday, but Motoblog.it reports there were no buyers for the company that's been around since 1937.

That's got to be tough news for the employees; the factory has been shut down since March 31 of 2010. They've paid a few bills by selling off existing bike inventory, but hopes were that this week's auction would bring out a buyer to return the company to full-time operation.

Although nobody showed up with the 5,500,000 euros that the bankruptcy administrator was hoping for, there are still three groups supposedly interested in buying the company.

The company may go back on the auction block this summer, but whether anyone will pony up the cash and put the 40 employees back to work remains to be seen
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Digging deeper in to other articles, it looks like the "price was too high" (for which read that there are still other costs that have to be meet?) and also that "not enough preparation has been carried out" for the auction.

If they really are serious about investing in new technologies - solar powered energy doesn't come cheap and has a long pay-back period - then an interest in the factory site for only two years isn't long enough.

Reading between the lines, I'd guess that the receiver is having to put a better / more attractive package together to attract the buyer in to committing finances. THat will include having to do some work around an interest (lease or freehold) for the factory site. Once that is done they'll go back to the market and have something to offer that will support a proper business.

The problem is that they need to have a creditable offer for the Milan show in November - that's only six or so months away, and leaving things until the summer won't give them much time. The plan was to show the Gran Ferro and Corsaro models there (the latter revised?), so we're still left with uncertainty.

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Moto Morini has now been bought by two entrepreneur who have set up a company called EAGLE BIKES just for this purpose they are both Morini enthusiasts so the future is looking good.
I now breath a sigh of relief after buying both a granpasso and scrambler while they were in administration.
mcalvey

Post by mcalvey »

Received the following in an email from Maniac Motors (from whom I have purchased accessories for the Corsaro). Original email in German and I used Google translate:

"Hello Morinisti

obviously something really moves at Morini, today we have received this message which gives hope in the foreseeable future to get charged emotions V2 bikes from Bologna.

Moto Morini with new owners

Surprise at the second auction date of Moto Morini: The Italian manufacturer, for over a year in bankruptcy, has found a new owner. It is the company Eagle bike, which received € 1.96 million for the sole bidder. Thus acquired Eagle Bike purchased the motorcycle and scooter production of Morini, but not the premises. It was not until the afternoon before the auction, the new company to bid on Moto Morini had made​​.

Eagle bike stand behind the two Milanese entrepreneur Sandro Capotosti and Ruggeromassimo Jannuzzelli. In Capotosti is the former president of the Milan Investementbank Banca Profilo, Jannuzzelli was until recently CEO of the publishing house Camuzzi. What exactly is the plan either, not yet known, but certainly seems that they want to allow the production of motorcycle Moto Morini start again. However, they must first pass all the necessary legal documents, and in Italy since the holiday season is upon us, is to be expected with concrete statements about the future of Moto Morini in September."

SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

And another version of the press release, this time from visordown.com

MOTO MORINI has seemingly been saved once again as a new group of Italian investors has bought the company in a last-ditch bid as the bankrupt firm was auctioned off.

A newly formed group, under the name Eagle Bike and made up of banker Sandro Capotosti and former company CEO Ruggeromassimo Jannuzzelli, swooped in with 1.96 million Euros to buy up the brand and its remaining assets.

Eagle Bike apparently plans to restart production of the existing Moto Morini models, although the sale has yet to be entirely completed as there are legal procedures to finish. Since Italy's businesses tend to close down for the entire month of August, it may well be September before more concrete news about the firm's plans emerges.
hutch

Post by hutch »

GREAT NEWS!!!! Looks like Morini factory/ brand is saved!!!! : Check out the Italian wesite of Motociclismo for the detail. Two Milan based entrepeneurs have bought option 2 from the Bankruptcy Administrator which includes the loan of the existing factory for two years, for Euro 1.960.000 , slightly more than the reserve price at the auction held Tuesday 19th July. These guys are, I believe, surprise bidders and not much is known about them and their plans. Knowing Italy I doubt we will learn much until at least mid Autumn, but it sounds exciting and positive hope for future production perhaps early 2012??
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Agreed!

Looks like Milan (ECIMA?) is a must visit in November then.

Who's up for a flying visit? :D :D :D

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
unreal

Post by unreal »

Let's hope it works this time.
One of Ruggeromassimo Jannuzzelli's companies (one of the buyers), builds these:
http://www.wally.com/#Wally%20Tender
So they know a thing or two about quality toys!

Simon
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Came across this while browsing.

http://www.motociclismo.it/moto-morini- ... annuzzelli

May be some one can get a copy of the September issue of Motociclismo, for the full article ? My Italian is appalling but it seems to imply the new owners think the last bikes weren't really in keeping/style with what Moto Morini is all about ? If so I couldn't agree more.