ATG

Club matters
morini_tom

ATG

Post by morini_tom »

Oh dear I'm in trouble.

The postman delivered the latest ATG today and it's my turn to cook tea. I've just been rumbled reading the mag instead of peeling spuds! Fortunately suzanne spotted the shiny new cover and is now deeply engrossed reliving our bologna trip. Maybe I can still convert her after all??

Top issue, love the special format.

I'm off to finish Reading it. I mean cook tea :)
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: ATG

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

I like the new format particularly the quality of the photos. With all the snow on the ground its good to be reminded of those few days of sunshine. I also liked the group photo from 1981, who are those guys at the front? Were we really that young? Fortunately I'm right at the back, 4 from the right so it difficult to compare then and now. Anyone else want to admit there inclusion in the photo. Good memories though :D
jb666

Post by jb666 »

Quite agree - wonderful issue!!! I recognised a few of the bodies in the '81 factory visit. I did the factory visit in '83 and the comments about the mopeds brings back similar memories. It seems it is a mateer of principle - if there's a gap - get in it!! Must dig out the pictures - especially the one where Paul Dimaline forlornly points at his 500's valve seat that dropped out somewhere near Innsbruck on the way down (we had been to the German Morini Treffen).

Those were the days - no mortgage, living at home and the choice of WeeVee and Elbymoto!!!!
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Just to say I think the layout/presentation is brilliant. Was/is there a big cost implication of all the colour, as if not I think we should contine like this in future (hate the cover mind, but I guess that's a one off ?). Well done Adrian.
Pete
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I'm very pleased with the format and the colour images.Well done.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

The editor asked for comments -

I think it is a good looking magazine now. Well done. I recently moved house and found some late 80s mags, they could have been mistaken for 21st Century, except the hair styles in the monochrome pictures. Is there a cost implication?

On the latest issue, it would be interesting in the next issue to have a list of the different machines that went to the factory and any mechanical mishaps and also some views on the bikes as long distance machines, although I got the impression the Corsaro and the Camel made excellent touring machines. I want to take my Dart on some longer journies this year and would be interested in some comments and any hard won advice on comfort and luggage carrying (where do I stick an extra 4.54 litres of unleaded to make it between ptrol stations!)etc.

Thanks,

MM
belvoir30

Post by belvoir30 »

A nice magazine with good quality images
Though I do like the artwork cover
Keep up the good work
adrian650

Post by adrian650 »

Thanks for the supportive comments. At present I understand that the cost will be LESS but I need to hear that from the Treasurer when the invoice arrives to be 100% sure. Will the printers be able to keep to this budget?

The cover was a gamble. We don't have any new 'artwork' and I wanted something new for a new style. Tom's engine photo was chosen as it was such a hotch potch of colour and shapes to be barely recognisable. This printer will do a new cover for each issue so unless you want more surreal photos I suggest you get your pencils out.

I am thinking of using our small stock of old covers for occasional newsletters.

As an aside, Pete wrote about his minor mishaps and I suspect that was all. No dropped valves anywhere although I think Arthur had problems with a bulb or such.

Ed
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Regarding the problems (or lack of) with the corsaros on the Italy trip- dad lost an indicator lens cover somewhere in switzerland and I got a stone through the headlamp (sods law it was the dipped beam side too!) Some clear tape over the lens stopped the water getting in and made no perceptable difference to the beam.

Certainly my cracked headlamp can't be blamed on morini and I suspect the indicator lens was knocked off when fitting a pannier.

Other than that the only attention the bikes needed was a couple of chain lubes and fuel in the tank. No oil or coolant used, no starting issues, no running problems just 100% FUN

I mentioned front end chatter in my article but I'm sure this is a suspension setup problem as it doesn't do it when I'm riding solo.

Regarding the cracked headlamp, has anyone fitted headlamp covers to their corsaro? I want to fit some to protect the new headlamp! Ventura list then but when I spoke to their uk agent they could not tell me anything about them!
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

I liked the new look mag very much, always enjoy reading it too.

Everytime one arrives I think to myself I ought to send the odd article in. Being Editor of our classic clubs newsletter I know how hard it can be to fill the pages at times.
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Another bonus of that glossy cover ( china clay perhaps) is when I drop the thing in the bath it's almost ..well...waterproof!
Bondo

Post by Bondo »

Hello all,
I'm new to the Forum, about to be a 9 1/2 owner and I'm wondering how to acquire the ATG magazine.

Thanks,
Bondo
adrian650

Post by adrian650 »

Welcome,

simply join the MRC and you'll get around 6 issues per year. More if folk send me lots of features.

Adrian
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Hi Adrian,

is that Devimead racer article going to go out in the next ATG ? If so how can I get an extra copy (Les, you, ?) to give to Bob Sollway (the guy I interviewed) ?

Cheers

Pete
Bondo

Post by Bondo »

Adrian,
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I'm not in the UK so can't join the club just yet. I'd heard that there were some good reviews about the 91/2 in the ATG from inside the club rather than magazine journos. Thats what I was really interested in. I'll try and find a way to pay in Pounds otherwise will join up closer to October.

Bondo