Moving into the 21st. century.

Club matters
alan j

Moving into the 21st. century.

Post by alan j »

My dear wife has told me to get up to date and join the forum properly-I'm already "active" on the A.J.S. and Vincent Forums!! I am sure quite a few of you know me already-I ride a dart {thank you Arthur!}, an import 500 and an x1 Kanguru. We all hope the financial situation of Morini will improve soon-anyone care to invest a few million Euros? {Chris?} My bikes are all running nicely at the moment, but as soon as I have a problem I know where to seek help! :lol: :lol: Alan {morini} Jennings-that's an "in joke" on the A.J.S. forum}.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hello Alan, shouldn't you be Alan (AJS) Jennings here then? Have you got the lamps gassing yet?
buzby

Post by buzby »

Welcome to the forum Alan.
I also have an AJS and trio of Morinis.How do you cope with the different gear change and rear brake?
Dave.
alan j

Post by alan j »

Even on the "morinis", Buzby,I have left and right changes!! The Vincent and A.J.S. are the same-but my old B.S.A. has a hand change-no twistgrip and rear brake on the right like a"jap" bike! It is a bit o a challenge sometimes!! Steve-lights "fitted" but not "gassing"-I've cheated for the moment and put l.e.d.s inside them! Now I must find a "Morini" topic to discuss! :lol: :lol:
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

"Now I must find a "Morini" topic to discuss!"

how about discussing when you are going to properly move into the 21st century and buy a new morini???

Go on!! :)
alan j

21st century.

Post by alan j »

That was a"barbed" arrow, Thomas! I don't think 120 b.h.p. is my "thing"!-I hope , all being well that Morini will make a smaller, less powerful bike that will suit the more "Senior" members of the "club"-but I do realize that is not where the present market is!! :?: :?:
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Welcome to the forum Alan.
Actually I agree, I hope Morini do make something smaller, around 650 v-twin, have to get the girlfriend onto something and everyone knows Italian V's are better than Jap V's

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
Emmohaswheelsagain

Smaller Morini

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Well Mark you will have to make do with a 350 for the girl friend. I see why Alan prefers the smaller Vs. I went to work on the Strada today in damp cold conditions. No worries about power slides with the little bike, rock steady never drifting from a chosen line. Hopefully Mark once we have changed those standard tyres our 9 1/2's will behave themselves when the road conditions become a little tricky.

Paul
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

alan j wrote: Now I must find a "Morini" topic to discuss! :lol: :lol:
Well actually Alan, maybe I should dispute your entitlement to use 'Alan Morini Jennings'

My claim to the title 'Steve Morini' goes back to 1977 on the Isle of Anglesey. I can provide witnesses to this fact too. For a whole year, lots of locals thought that was my real name. It came about by accident and I didn't even know it had happened until I wrote a cheque out to one of my friends. Some still thought it was my name and I quite liked it so didn't make too much of a fuss.

I'll see you on Sunday, we can discuss the court case then. :wink:

Led's eh? Tch Tch, could prosecute you for that too laddie. Any legal types here to comment? No win no fee, or just no fee :shock:
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Unfortunately Paul I think it will be a Suzuki Gladius for her when the time comes, but you never know what these companies are thinking.
Glad to here your still getting out on the wee bike, think mine is off the road for this year, weather is just getting too bad.
Power slides are fun but scary the the time the 9 1/2 did it on me so yeah change of tyres is a must.
Sorry for getting off topic :D

Mark
buzby

Post by buzby »

Mark N.I. wrote:I hope Morini do make something smaller, around 650 v-twin, have to get the girlfriend onto something and everyone knows Italian V's are better than Jap V's

Mark
The Cagiva Raptor almost fits this discription :)
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

That is very true, forgot about Cagiva, yet another bake make not in NI, though does it not use a Suzuki engine :?

mark
buzby

Post by buzby »

Yes it does and it has a much better name. Suzuki Gladius -sounds like a flower :lol:
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

yeah and the Suzuki is definitely a womans bike, no matter what they say :lol:

Mark