Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by SteveMRC »

Thanks for looking at our new forum board, hope you decide to join in and register.
Thought it might be a nice idea if we could all say hello and introduce ourselves.

Suppose I'd best go first.
My name is Steve and I run the website for the MRC.
I'm a Yorkshireman living in East Anglia (the sticky out bit on the right)
I started riding bikes in 1979 and bought my red 500 SEI in May 1986 from the old WeeVee shop run by Benjy Straw. I've had a few bikes since but the Morini has always stayed (and will always stay).
My other current bike is a BMW R1150R Rockster 'Tiger-stripe' a bit porky and not really fast enough but the most comfortable bike I have ever owned - and it has heated handlebar grips -heavenly.
Always had naked bikes, don't like fairings. Best thing is it winds up most BMW owners I meet, they don't understand it.

Steve
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

Hi, I'm from Wiltshire and I have had Morini's for a looonnng time - also had/have other stuff but the only thing I ever regret selling was my sport, sigh! At present I have a strada and a kangaru and a 250 single which is on the for sale section.
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
sparkey

Post by sparkey »

Hi, I'm new to this Morini thing - recently got a 3 1/2 sport off e-bay, which is a great little bike. Still trying to get the carbs tuned properly and work out how to stop the exhaust fixing collars from vibrating loose every 50 miles !

Normally ride a Triumph Sprint 1050.

Steve
buzby

Post by buzby »

Hello,my name is Dave and I live in Southampton.I have two Morinis-a 75 strada which I have had since, I think, 1976 and a 76 strada/sport bitsa which I bought three years ago.About fifteen years ago I also owned for a short time a 250 vee-twin bought from Benjy Straw .My very cramped shed is also home to a 1948 AJS 350 and a Honda cb250rs.My wife thinks i"m mad :?
kneedownstef

Post by kneedownstef »

My name is Stefan, I'm 36, married with 2 children and one on the way and I live in Emley, near Huddersfield.
I'm fairly new to the Morini game. I bought my 3 1/2 Strada (PGJ 323P) from Carl Griffith (of hedgehog tee-shirt fame) about 12 months ago and have just (today) got it back on the road after a medium restoration and some rather troublesome ignition problems.
I'm hoping to meet some other Morinis and their owners at the Northern meet, first Sunday of each month, 12.30pm. The Yeoman, A660 Otley to Leeds Road. Does anyone know how well attended this meet is?
I'll be posting some pictures of my bike very shortly.
Thoroughly enjoying my new found passion.
bimsb6

Post by bimsb6 »

hi ,i'm steve white living in bedfordshire just off the m1 i have a 77 350 strada hiding in the back of the garage which hopefully i will do something with this year! i also have (deep breath) a bimota sb6 ,ducati 600 pantah,yamaha tt600,guzzi 650 lario ,the mrs has 2 buell s1's a dr200 suzuki,and an xt500. :D it has got a bit out of hand so am trying to slim down the garage a little by selling the wifes dr 200 lol.
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

I know what you mean about 'stock' in the garage - I've managed to sell two old brits in the last month and I think I need some counselling now...

Always fancied a XT500 but I've got a Kangaru instead!
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
worn_elbows

Greetings

Post by worn_elbows »

Hi, I'm a 45 year old biker, have been since 17.
I seem to take great delight in making things last way beyond reason.
I've only sold one bike, my first Bantam (and glad to see the back of it)
I have a 250 Matchless in the back of my garage since it broke it's crankshaft for the third time, a 1952 500 Matchless twin since 1985 which simply refuses to die despite neglect and mercyless thrashing.
I had a very enjoyable affair with an Ariel Arrow with racing tank & seat unit and stripped of everything that don't make it stop or go, including kickstart (& speedo at one time). I steadily tuned it from an asthmatic 65 mph to 98 mph down the Creg ny Ba. It also won the 1986 TT Rat bike award! Then the Crank came apart, but it will live again.
My introduction to Morini was 2 days before another trip to the Island I needed a bike, found one locally, and was blown away. Still love it.
OK you tend to get outgunned by granny's in Daihatsu's these days, but stick to the little roads and there's nothing like it.
I've just done an off road holiday in Spain and it was the best hoot out.
I'm not an off roader but it was fantastic, call Ian or Sal on www.redtread.com Well recommended !!!
AlainBE

New member presentation

Post by AlainBE »

Hi everyone. My name is Alain and I am very new to the Morini game. I just bought a Corsaro 1200 and enjoy every minute I can ride it.

I have had it for 10 days and have absolutely no regret!

I live in the South of Belgium, in a little town called Habay-la-Neuve. Beautiful riding area, very close to the French, Luxembourg and German borders.

I am 46, married with two children: a 19 years old boy who rides a Honda CB500 and a 17 years old girl who rides a Kymco Agility 50... It's in the family!

Alain
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Hello, my name is David, and I have a Moto Morini.

Three actually at the moment, and more than half another one in the garage. I have a disc Strada that I bought in 1982 & currently undergoing a very very slow long term rebuild, another drum Strada, and and my X2 Kanguro supermoto which also needs some new gearbox bearings.

I'm also the MRC club chairman at present, and librarian, but the views I express here may not always be the same as my official party line as Chairman, I need to let of steam and wind people up sometimes!

I was born the year Morini came second in the 250 word championship, 1963, married, 2 children, work in the defense industry as an engineer and live in Reading, Berkshire.

David
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Hello,

My name is Bruno and I am one of the few Belgian MRC members (however, with Mossn and AlainBE, Belgium accounts for a good deal of the non-British forum users). I'm married, with 2 children, and I'm living in Charleroi, an industrial town 40 miles south of Brussels.

I owe a 500 since about 1984. After numerous falls and modifications, the only parts remaining from the original bike must be the tank, side panels and rear mudguard.

Before the 500 I also owned a 3 1/2 strada (early drum-braked, wire wheels). Since then I tried other bikes (Guzzi Le Mans and V50, Pantah), but always came back to the 500.
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
Steve Scott

Introduction

Post by Steve Scott »

What's up with all the Morini riders named Steve? 'Reminds me of a sketch where all the Australians were named Bruce!

I guess I'll be the first from this side of the Atlantic to introduce myself. I'm Steve (suprise!) from Pennsylvania USA, the home state of the American Moto Morini importer. I bought my 500 Sport from the dimly lit back row of a Suzuki dealer in 1982, he was glad to be rid of this peculiar machine and I've been happy to own it these 24 years. It's completely original with only repairs having been done because I like it that way!
1979 500 Sport
richmaz

Post by richmaz »

Male, 43, medium build, brown hair, gsoh, seeks female for good times.....oh, sorry, wrong site!!
Hi, I'm Rich, and all of the above except v happy with the wife and two kids thank you very much. Just bought MRC 23 Coxey's Kanguro and should be picking it up this bank holiday. Can't wait. Also owned a '77 Strada back in '81 then sold it to... my mate Coxey! Owned all sorts between then and now - current shiney thing is a Sachs b-805 - actually a damn fine ride itself, full of character, and certainly not mainstream. But it's not a Morini, hense the purchase. Tasks will be to gradually restore - nothing drastic as it's pretty sorted already, and of coure get plenty of riding time.

Otherwise I have the usual 'hobbies' of work, said wife and kids, music, gardening, diy etc etc.
Richard M
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Hi there im a MRC member, living in north lancs, for last 5 years or so and owner since 2001 of a 1974 31/2 strada in "id welcome a respray" blue. Ive ridden pretty much continuously over the last 20 odd years.

My biking CV includes KMX200, VT250F, GPZ900R,RS250, , XBR500, CBR 600, RGV250, Hayabusa etc etc, but the morini is my only steed at the moment.

My morini is used regularly its in good running order but could look prettier. I love (watching) road racing and Moto GPs, WSB and BSB. Id quite like a sport as well if its as original and low mileage as the strada.

Ive a mad urge to get a Velo Venom... one day....

Andy
Are those silencers BS AU193 stamped?
robinh44

New Member Introduction

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

I am Robin from Hertfordshire, I have been biking since 1980 and have know of Morini's since the 70's 350 Strada & Sports. I am currently running a Yamaha XT225 Serow and a BMW R1100RS. I wanted to try a supermoto but wanted something different from the MX / Enduro models ( nice thought they are just seats to high for me). Inspired by the new Aprilia V-Twin models I picked up a Kanguro ( 1984 X1 model) and am part way into a project to build a supermoto from the ground up. I am keeping just the frame and engine from the original bike, the others parts I have chosen come from Suzuki's, Husqvarna, Honda, BMW & Ducati. It will be a real bitsa. Will post details when it comes together. I bumped into 'Neracar'Ken of Real Classic fame at the real classic stand at knebworth today not realising I was talking to a Kanguro owner of some 18 years he advised a Kanguro has already been supermoto'd , if the owner is on the forum please get in touch or post pictures as I would like to see what your bike looks like.

Regards

Robin