Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
Dave54

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by Dave54 »

my morini
my morini
Morini reduced.JPG (299.56 KiB) Viewed 11283 times
Hello, I'm a new member based in Barnet, North London. I bought this 1981 Strada from Lusso Veloce in January. I went up there to look at a 1978 Strada but preferred the look of this one as it was completely original and just off the boat. I'm thinking of repainting the tank etc as the old cellulose paint is very faded.

I have been filling up with 97 octane fuel although this is 30% more expensive. Any thoughts on that.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys some time this year.

Regards,
David (Aged 66 1/4)
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hope you enjoy the bike David and welcome to the MRC. About the fuel-I wouldn't bother. They don't need the extra octane and will run happily on really low grade stuff. In the days of leaded 4 and 5 star I used to run mine on 4 star. That just fouled the plugs with lead and shorted them out in a few thousand miles. So I switched to 2 star and the problem went away. The bike went just as well as it ever did too. :)
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

^^ What he said.

Even if you're worried about the lack of lead in duel you can't replace lead with octane! Unless you can find really expensive fuel with no ethanol I can't see the point.
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

Thanks, I'll save some money then.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Looks nice and comfortable. Yesterday for the first time I almost found my clip ons on my sport a bit ache inducing. I shall likely leave it be.As to fuel I have been known to use Shell V Power especially if on a long M5 ride ( seems to feature more than I’d like) but have no idea if it has any detectable benefit.
John
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

Yes John, I particularly wanted a Strada for that reason. It's fun to ride and I like the lightness and the fact that it handles so well for a 40 year old bike. Overall its a "classic bike" that can be ridden in modern traffic. I had applied to ride in the Cadwell track day but I suppose I'll have to wait till next year now.

Regards, David
gra120466

Post by gra120466 »

Hi all. I am Graham in Holmfirth west Yorks. Have recently rejoined the club after a haiatus in which the '78 350 Sport (owned 20 years) has been off road for around ten years. I first joined about 2002 but the usual life stuff got in the way...
I got my bike in London and found out it had been rebuilt shortly before that by the late Phil Smith, who subsequently did any work on it for me - I was fortunate that his workshop was really close to my old abode.
I also have a 650LS Beemer half built that will wait until my Sport is back up and running. It has been tooooooo long without MCP 516T on the road. Look forward to seeing you at Stafford or somewhere once all the virus stuff is on the wane.
Any other Morinis near Holmfirth..?
Cheers, Graham
Stempy

Post by Stempy »

Thanks for letting me in :D
Had bikes for many years but always had loved the looks of 3 1/2 sport ,purchased one for my brother many years ago and still waiting for him to sell me it .
I was looking for a bike to commute to work as my CCM just was too much of a hard ride.Then saw a Kanguro come up for sale and couldn’t resist.few jobs to do on it then tax at the start of the month and see how it goes
Cheers
Stempy
1AE50B29-9FF5-4279-B60A-E4B877763DCC.jpeg
1AE50B29-9FF5-4279-B60A-E4B877763DCC.jpeg (184.84 KiB) Viewed 10978 times
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

Excellent bike, great fun
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
ogr1

Post by ogr1 »

Hi all..
New owner of a 2017 Granpasso R, previously owned by another member on here although not bought off him.
Anyway... it is a beast of a torque monster and is in need of a few tweaks, hopefully pick up some tips on here?
My other bike is a 1997 Honda Blackbird xx, smooth as silk and is a bit more forgiving than the Passo.
Thanks.
Og's.
Carpe Diem Nil Desperandum
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hello Og's,

Welcome to 1200 ownership.

Talk to Ben at Amore Moto. He has done a few mods to the 1200s.

Mike
ogr1

Post by ogr1 »

Hi Mike & thanks.
The 'Granpasso' is pencilled in with Ben on the 30th July.
It's a tad jerky at around 3000rpm.
Hopefully he can sort it out.
Og's.
Carpe Diem Nil Desperandum
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Ogs;

I rode a GP-R some time back at the Factory in Italy - was smooth and lovely all the way through the rev range that I experienced - and great in Milans' rush-hour traffic... I'm sure that Ben has been able to sort it out - let us know how you got on. They are a rare bike here in the UK, but can become addictive - I'm on my second and love it, both for solo and two up touring,

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
forzamacchi

Post by forzamacchi »

I am a longtime Italian lightweight owner. I spotted my friends Camel that he had been struggling with and offered to trade him his mighty Morini for my 53' MiVal. I became the official owner this week and I have been slowly going through the bike to get it ready for some off road action. I live in Southern California and I look forward to the camaraderie and solutions the forum has to offer.
Thanks!
Ben
1981 Morini Camel 500
2019 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
1967 Aermacchi 250
1958 FB Mondial 175 Superturismo
1957 Ceccato 125 Sport Lusso
1955 Sterzi 125 Turismo
Krissyb

Post by Krissyb »

New member alert:

Hi I'm Kris, I have recently purchased a 1961 125 2t and I am in the process of restoring it to it's former glory. I will be asking lots of silly questions over the next coming months no doubt.

Ill post up pics soon.